460 on 35's (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For lug nuts, I recommend Gorilla 21134etbc. These will center the wheels and provide a little extra bite.
Some wheels have a 108mm bore because the center cap mounts from the back and act as a hub-centric ring (like Method MR305).
If the wheel does not have a cap like this, i would recommend the 1mm centering ring.
For stock OEM black wheels, do I simply need the Gorilla 21134bc which are the shorter version of the 21134etbc? I haven't taken a factory lug nut off yet, but I assume either size would work but before I order am hoping for clarification. Thanks!

For stock OEM black wheels, do I simply need the Gorilla 21134bc which are the shorter version of the 21134etbc? I haven't taken a factory lug nut off yet, but I assume either size would work but before I order am hoping for clarification. Thanks!
Toyota/Lexus wheels take the mag style lug nut. The gorilla's will not work.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any black Lugnuts that will fit the GX 460?
I bought these for TRD off road Toyota 4Runner wheels.

Set of 24 Veritek 12x1.5mm 1.87... Amazon product ASIN B07N373N6M
They're okay. The black rubs off after several on-off cycles, but still look decent.

I bought these for TRD off road Toyota 4Runner wheels.

Set of 24 Veritek 12x1.5mm 1.87... Amazon product ASIN B07N373N6M
They're okay. The black rubs off after several on-off cycles, but still look decent.
When I click on that link, it says those lugs don’t fit a GX460. Not sure if that’s accurate, but why wouldn’t they fit the GX if they fit the 4Runner? Thanks for the link.

When I click on that link, it says those lugs don’t fit a GX460. Not sure if that’s accurate, but why wouldn’t they fit the GX if they fit the 4Runner? Thanks for the link.
Huh. Amazon confirms fit for 2011 GX 460.

Huh. Amazon confirms fit for 2011 GX 460.
Yeah, for some reason it says does not fit ‘22 GX460. Granted, mines a ‘23 but there is no difference. Did the lug setup change between ‘11 and now?

I just picked up a set of 27 conicle key’d lugs from SCS. They are black.
Are these the lugs you're referring to? On the SCS site, it doesn't say conicle key'd lugs so I have no idea what that means. But, I added these to my cart and am hoping you can confirm these will fit my OEM black line 18" wheels? Also, they say extended thread so will they stick out longer than my factory chrome ones on the OEM wheels? Thanks!

1667395728299.png

Maybe conicle is the wrong nomenclature, but yes those are what I got. Haven’t put them on yet, I’m using them with SCS wheels, stealth 6, 17”. I don’t imagine OEM wheels would need the extended thread.
I would just paint the oem lugs

PT076-60200-02 is the part number for the black lug nuts that comes on the TRD Pro Tacoma's and 4Runner. These will work, however they have been on backorder.

Use OEM lugs with your OEM wheels - they're the mag/shank style below. Aftermarket wheels use conical seats. You will not be able to properly mount OEM black line wheels with SCS lugs.

View attachment 3160977
That's a GREAT diagram. Can you post it also in the Manuals section?
GX 460 Manuals

Well I gone and done it. Finally mounted my 35” BFGs on the SCS Stealth 6. 17”x8.5” -10 offset wheel, BFG 315/70/17 tires.

Now it finally looks the way it feels lol

And yes, lots of rubbing. Will be doing the cab mount relocate and lots of wheel well mashing in time. For now the only immediate need is to cut the bottom rear of the wheel liner out. Then I’m good to crawl to the mall for a few months till I can secure an indoor shop space to do the welding and afeormentioned hammering/sealing.

Initial reaction: was impressed with the power, in a good way. Was expecting more of a drop. I do have the pedal commander but it’s at the middle low setting. Didn’t change it from the 32s. I’m expecting to ramp it up a little but we’ll see. I’m kinda a granny driver anyway and have a light foot.
F2A4014A-4691-49B9-A8D1-33610F390C37.jpeg
5933C82A-AF9C-4811-B95F-39361CC262BD.jpeg
4358B5CA-760E-4CA9-9172-C93C792FCBBC.jpeg

Before: gx470 wheels and fallken rubitrecks 265/70/17
928FB6D9-44D9-413E-B5BB-F77DD7C73189.jpeg

31840733-E8CA-41A5-8C68-808CF8A94C00.jpeg

Well I gone and done it. Finally mounted my 35” BFGs on the SCS Stealth 6. 17”x8.5” -10 offset wheel, BFG 315/70/17 tires.

And yes, lots of rubbing. Will be doing the cab mount relocate and lots of wheel well mashing in time. For now the only immediate need is to cut the bottom rear of the wheel liner out. Then I’m good to crawl to the mall for a few months till I can secure an indoor shop space to do the welding and afeormentioned hammering/sealing.

Initial reaction: was impressed with the power, in a good way. Was expecting more of a drop. I do have the pedal commander but it’s at the middle low setting. Didn’t change it from the 32s. I’m expecting to ramp it up a little but we’ll see. I’m kinda a granny driver anyway and have a light foot.
View attachment 3196882View attachment 3196883View attachment 3196884

View attachment 3196880
View attachment 3196881
I too run the same size tires on mine and had to do a lot of trimming. Basically I just removed the the front tire fender liners.
You will need to get an alignment that pushes the caster forward or there is not amount of pounding that'll relieve the rubbing on the rear fender.
Doing all that and pounding the pinch welds relieve about 98% of the rubbing. The only rubbing I have now is lock-to-lock because it's rubbing on either the frame or UCA's. The only way to solve that is to push the offset of the wheels out a wee bit, but the spacers I purchased, at only 1/2", were still too thick to get my lugs threaded. So unless I purchase new wheels, I'm stuck with that little bit of rubbing.
But it's not really bothering me.

I did the same thing a month or two ago. My wheels have the same specs as yours. I have done a body mount chop (not relocate), hammer the pinch weld down, adjust the cam bolts on the LCAs to shift the wheel forward as far as it will go, and I also have an off road front bumper that takes care of the front part of the wheel well. I also have SPC UCAs. My tires are Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x11.5x17.

I have almost zero rubbing. At full left lock I have a light touch from the washer bottle (will be relocating that eventually). I also have a light touch at full right lock on the passenger side body mount but just a little trim of that should fix it easily. I think the 11.5" width tires are a key help. I'm pretty happy with it. Hope this helps.

View attachment 3196882View attachment 3196883View attachment 3196884

View attachment 3196880
View attachment 3196881
Looks badass

For those that have hammered the pinch weld, what did you do with it here? I’m debating on removing the step molding mount all together. Not only did I sell my side steps but I want to cut this piece off so I can build sliders that come up further.
It seems superfluous and it’s definitly hitting this section hard at the moment.
B3E021D6-54EB-430B-8896-8FC64C25B953.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom