460 on 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might want to check out a 285/75r17 in a toyo. I personally don't have them but planning for those as my next tire since they are a bit narrower and come in a C rating so should be a buy more comfortable. They are a 34 though, not a 35.

I've definitely considered that but damn.. they are all so overpriced or out of stock in that size.

*Edit: CarID actually has a ton in stock and at a decent price.

Last edited:
I've definitely considered that but damn.. they are all so overpriced or out of stock in that size.

*Edit: CarID actually has a ton in stock and at a decent price.
They will probably will be more difficult to find in case you need a replacement but they are a bit narrower and pretty tall. I am looking for the maximum height, looks are secondary. Going for the tractor look :)

They will probably will be more difficult to find in case you need a replacement but they are a bit narrower and pretty tall. I am looking for the maximum height, looks are secondary. Going for the tractor look :)

Really may go with the Toyos in 35x11.5r17 as they are in stock and not too pricey. That's 1" narrower but 2" wider than my current setup...

Really may go with the Toyos in 35x11.5r17 as they are in stock and not too pricey. That's 1" narrower but 2" wider than my current setup...
Is that the Toto MT that comes in 35/11.5? I’ve seen a couple other ATs that’s come in that size. It’s something I’m considering for my next tire step up. But if I do the BM relocate instead of a trim, I’ll prob take the plunge for a 12.5 wide 35.

Is that the Toto MT that comes in 35/11.5? I’ve seen a couple other ATs that’s come in that size. It’s something I’m considering for my next tire step up. But if I do the BM relocate instead of a trim, I’ll prob take the plunge for a 12.5 wide 35.

It's the AT that I'm looking at. I really want a 12.5" but nervous about fitting it. I've got the Kenda 33x12.5 right now and they are so close to my UCA at full lock. Not really worried about my BMC as it should be enough.

View attachment 3046480

My 33s are vibrating the hell out of me so I'm finally ready to get new tires. I'm running a 2.5" IMS lift with SPC UCAs and plan on going 305/70/r17 this time. I'll need to cut some more on my fender liner but my front / rear bumpers have already been trimmed quite a bit. Hoping the narrower tire will help offset the height difference.
Narrower tires always help. Going from 287/75R17's to 315/70R17 have cause rubbing and I know most of it is from the added width. If they were a wee bit narrower, they'd be fine.
Personally I prefer a narrower tire over fat tires. For me the narrower and taller, the better.

Toyo lists an AT 3 in 34x10.50x17 in a load range D. That'll be my next tire. Body mount chop already done...

Narrower tires always help. Going from 287/75R17's to 315/70R17 have cause rubbing and I know most of it is from the added width. If they were a wee bit narrower, they'd be fine.
Personally I prefer a narrower tire over fat tires. For me the narrower and taller, the better.
I know you’ve said before but where do you rub? You’ve also done the pinch weld correct?

Reactions: r2m
It's the AT that I'm looking at. I really want a 12.5" but nervous about fitting it. I've got the Kenda 33x12.5 right now and they are so close to my UCA at full lock. Not really worried about my BMC as it should be enough.

What’s your wheel offset? Type of UCA?
Sorry if you have already said this.

I know you’ve said before but where do you rub? You’ve also done the pinch weld correct?
Just a wee bit on the back of the front fenders and the front of the rear wheel wells.
The front rubbing is pretty consistent, it barely touching. Even when off roading, it's not bad, just annoying every time I hear that scraping sound.
The rear rubbing hardly ever happens, only when very compressed.
So far it hasn't stopped me from any trails.

Nitto Ridge Grappler comes in 35x11.5x17 now.

Just noticed as well that the Toyo Open Country III come in 35x11.5 A/T in C load rating. Can't recall what serious trimming is needed to the rear door of the GX to fit a true 35 (34.5") tire.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some General Grabbers ATX in 315/70r17 for my GX from Discount Tire. They will be here Friday so I'll have pics then.

I'm currently running some Kenda Klevers in 33x12.5r17 so the new tires will be 1.34in taller and .12in narrower. I'm running a 2.5 Dobinsons IMS lift, SPC UCA, removed side steps and trimmed a good bit of the front and rear bumpers. We'll see how they fit!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some General Grabbers ATX in 315/70r17 for my GX from Discount Tire. They will be here Friday so I'll have pics then.

I'm currently running some Kenda Klevers in 33x12.5r17 so the new tires will be 1.34in taller and .12in narrower. I'm running a 2.5 Dobinsons IMS lift, SPC UCA, removed side steps and trimmed a good bit of the front and rear bumpers. We'll see how they fit!
You may also need to realign your front end to move your caster forward. I had rubbing on the rear fender and all the trimming and hammering wouldn't make it go away. It would rub mostly in reverse, but sometimes under hard braking and absolutely on bumps and driveways.
Had it realigned moving the caster forward and Bingo! No more rubbing!
I do still have a little rubbing on the inside, against either the frame or control arms but only at lock-to-lock. Haven't looked real hard yet to see which it is, but I can live with this.
I probably just need some 1/4" to 1/2" wheel spacers.

You may also need to realign your front end to move your caster forward. I had rubbing on the rear fender and all the trimming and hammering wouldn't make it go away. It would rub mostly in reverse, but sometimes under hard braking and absolutely on bumps and driveways.
Had it realigned moving the caster forward and Bingo! No more rubbing!
I do still have a little rubbing on the inside, against either the frame or control arms but only at lock-to-lock. Haven't looked real hard yet to see which it is, but I can live with this.
I probably just need some 1/4" to 1/2" wheel spacers.
Good to know! What offset wheels are you running? Mine are a 0 so hoping that helps.

Good to know! What offset wheels are you running? Mine are a 0 so hoping that helps.
Icon 1417858347BR
Six Speed 17" x 8.50" Wheel - Bronze
Specifications:
  • Product Line: Six Speed
  • Color/Finish: Bronze
  • Material: Aluminum Alloy
  • Wheel Diameter: 17"
  • Wheel Width: 8.50"
  • Bolt Pattern: 6 x 5.5
  • Backspace: 4.750"
  • Offset: 0 mm
  • Bore: 108 mm
  • Load Rating: 2500 lb
  • Weight: 30 lb

The 315s weren’t even close to fitting! My lift is just shy of 3inches and my BMC is as far back as possible but still a no go. Couldn’t even drive around town with them as they were all over my body mount when turning.

Swapped them out for some 295/70r17s and while I’ve got some plastic to trim that should be it.

I’ll post pics once I get back from another shop for some adjustments to my Alu Cab.

The 315s weren’t even close to fitting! My lift is just shy of 3inches and my BMC is as far back as possible but still a no go. Couldn’t even drive around town with them as they were all over my body mount when turning.

Swapped them out for some 295/70r17s and while I’ve got some plastic to trim that should be it.

I’ll post pics once I get back from another shop for some adjustments to my Alu Cab.
Did you max the front wheel forward with the LCA first then adjust with the UCA? It definitly helps tremendously. Also what’s your wheel offset?
Looking to make the jump myself to 35s.
Prob do a full BMC relocate. Did you get any rubbing on the top of the wheel well? So far I haven’t seen anyone cutting those.

Did you max the front wheel forward with the LCA first then adjust with the UCA? It definitly helps tremendously. Also what’s your wheel offset?
Looking to make the jump myself to 35s.
Prob do a full BMC relocate. Did you get any rubbing on the top of the wheel well? So far I haven’t seen anyone cutting those.
Agreed! This is what I needed to do with my 315/70R17 BFG A/T's. I keep getting (just a wee bit) rubbing in the same location. Took it into an alignment shop and told them what I needed done, basically move the caster all the way forward, and the fixed the problem.
Now I have slight rubbing on the LCA's or frame, but only at hard lock-to-lock. I'm going to add some thin wheel spacers which should correct that.
Personally I'd still prefer the 285/75R17's I had before, but instead of the M/T's I had, I'd go with BFG A/T's. I ONLY went with the 315's solely because tires were SO scarce late last year and I really need some new tires. Now the size I want is available (of course now that I have the larger size...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom