Builds 40 Guy Builds a 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I decided to upgrade my bulbs to LED after another dark night. I LOVED the Philips HIR bulbs but they’ve doubled in prince so for the same price I could nab a set of LED’s I went with these...

SEALIGHT 9006 LED Headlight Bulbs HB4 Low Beam Bulb Mini Fanless Design Super Bright 6500 Lumen 6000K Cool White 12x CSP Chips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDBM8DH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R9MRDbSGW4R5A

The light seems smooth with no dark spots or fanning. But I’m not sure their bright enough to keep around. It’s a nice clean white with no blue. I needed to trim one tab to get them to install correctly, they were slanted at 45* before I trimmed on of the three tabs.

Nice looking product.
05454333-0F6F-4BA6-BE66-B2E7DC284973.jpeg

LED on the passenger side.
3E56E667-5F99-4695-A7EE-3A44970669BB.jpeg
BC3D1E35-552E-47AA-98AC-B21E88345CA3.jpeg

DD9602E0-A2E8-4936-B4C7-83EE1CDD8AA4.jpeg

I had to remove about this much off one of the ears to get it to index correctly in the light housing. You want up and down axis with the LEDs shining out to the sides.

section removed outlined in red...
13C82368-AC94-45A9-9BDB-D2431DF908DC.jpeg

Tucked in nice and tight with a few zip ties...
0115EBAD-352C-4DBD-B9E9-C600CD47A262.jpeg

Hard to see but the LED is now oriented in the correct way...
968C062C-D194-4BD4-96C0-248467378F58.jpeg

Windshield exploded today... glass shards everywhere. Glad I was wearing sunglasses 😎

No other cars around... no idea what it was, meteor maybe? Scared me to death. I flinched before it hit so my eyes saw something coming.
F7C5ED94-B14D-472F-9473-C812092852DF.jpeg

Glass all up in my beard! There was glass shards are far back as the rear drawers.
1AC49DDA-5828-438E-8797-AC88A26232EF.jpeg

probably a 3/4” indention but the plastic safety layer held.
A62AE87E-C047-4AC3-B824-E0312D56427E.jpeg

I guess I’ll knock out that surface rust under the windshield gasket I’ve been looking to repair. Sheesh. What a pain.

Last edited:
Glad your ok. On the Sealight, just used a dremel to knock the extra material? I may reinstall my lights based on this quick mod!

Glad your ok. On the Sealight, just used a dremel to knock the extra material? I may reinstall my lights based on this quick mod!

I nipped the bulk with a pair of wire cutters and then I used a razor knife to clean up the edge.

Drew, did you consider a solid top over the fridge to keep stuff from filling the void when you pull it out? I’ve seen it on other builds and seems like a good idea. If you decided against it, interested in knowing why.

Glad your eyes were ok with the windshield. Yeesh.

Drew, did you consider a solid top over the fridge to keep stuff from filling the void when you pull it out? I’ve seen it on other builds and seems like a good idea.

Glad your eyes were ok with the windshield. Yeesh.

Thanks Matt

I will likely build a cage around the fridge with grid wall or similar. I’m pretty dialed when solo and don't have a bunch of loose stuff flopping around. All the loose stuff is now tucked nicely in my drawer.

I like the gridwall idea for ventilation and the ability to strap thing to it, hang stuff off the wires.

Last edited:
Wheelin’ season is coming to a close...
79F1898A-1B2B-4424-AC2B-649511E214ED.jpeg

Snows gettin’ ‘mo deeper!
9BA1278D-A8B9-4ACC-A406-D88AB8DA7962.jpeg

Wow you guys got alot of snow. Is that common this early in the year for Bozeman?

Yeah it is pretty common for the high country. Our fall colors are white. We made it further than last year.

Did you ever gain any insight into what happened with the windshield? That’s some impressive damage! Kids with rocks?

I didn't, I've got an appointment for a new windshield this week. I might head to some open space and practice my shooting through barriers before heading in ;)

Original glass? I’ve been struck hard (oncoming semi-truck kicks up a rock) but never saw that much damage. Glad you came out safe.

Original glass? I’ve been struck hard (oncoming semi-truck kicks up a rock) but never saw that much damage. Glad you came out safe.

It is OEM marked not sure its original.

I decided to upgrade my bulbs to LED after another dark night. I LOVED the Philips HIR bulbs but they’ve doubled in prince so for the same price I could nab a set of LED’s I went with these...

SEALIGHT 9006 LED Headlight Bulbs HB4 Low Beam Bulb Mini Fanless Design Super Bright 6500 Lumen 6000K Cool White 12x CSP Chips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDBM8DH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R9MRDbSGW4R5A

The light seems smooth with no dark spots or fanning. But I’m not sure their bright enough to keep around. It’s a nice clean white with no blue. I needed to trim one tab to get them to install correctly, they were slanted at 45* before I trimmed on of the three tabs.

So did you end up keeping the LEDs ? What's your verdict? Do you still prefer the Phillips? Looking for better light... must be getting older, the 100's headlights seemed fine to me before LOL! Thx!

So did you end up keeping the LEDs ? What's your verdict? Do you still prefer the Phillips? Looking for better light... must be getting older, the 100's headlights seemed fine to me before LOL! Thx!

I am digging the new LED headligts. I wish I had gone straight from the HIR Phillips to these as I can't remember them exactly. They only lasted 1.5 year or so... and they doubled in price so I went with the LEDs. So far, so good. They aren't lacking, they have good light output, good beam pattern and a great color around 5-6K

I am digging the new LED headligts. I wish I had gone straight from the HIR Phillips to these as I can't remember them exactly. They only lasted 1.5 year or so... and they doubled in price so I went with the LEDs. So far, so good. They aren't lacking, they have good light output, good beam pattern and a great color around 5-6K

Could we get a couple of output shots when you get some time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom