4" lift shackle angle - now what? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought the Hell Creek in Jan of this year for my 67. I finally finished getting everything on a month or so ago. I also had bad shackle angles. I called Tom to tell him and Tom told me that in June they added 3/4 on an inch to the springs front and rear and thats about what I'm lacking. Tom was a great guy and is a pleasure to deal with. I'm not in a bind as I've been building this 67 for most of the of the year. I just received the replacement springs from Tom last week and am in the process of swapping them out. I'll take some pics so you can see the difference. I apologize for hacking in on your thread I just wanted to let the folks know if they received the first phase springs and they had these shackle issues to give Tom a call he's a great guy but he can't make good on it unless he knows about it. :)

I bought the Hell Creek in Jan of this year for my 67. I finally finished getting everything on a month or so ago. I also had bad shackle angles. I called Tom to tell him and Tom told me that in June they added 3/4 on an inch to the springs front and rear and thats about what I'm lacking. Tom was a great guy and is a pleasure to deal with. I'm not in a bind as I've been building this 67 for most of the of the year. I just received the replacement springs from Tom last week and am in the process of swapping them out. I'll take some pics so you can see the difference. I apologize for hacking in on your thread I just wanted to let the folks know if they received the first phase springs and they had these shackle issues to give Tom a call he's a great guy but he can't make good on it unless he knows about it. :)

It was actually the first few springs of the second phase.

Keep us posted on the fit of the new set.

wondering if your springs settled anymore...are your shackle angles more Feng Shui :p

As I noted before, I ended up moving my front shackle hanger, so my fronts are great. The rear shackles are basically vertical with the hardtop on. The ride has improved as the springs have worn in. I posted the following picture on my ROTW, but I'll post it again. In the picture, I was headed camping, and I had a couple hundred pounds of camping gear in the back, and on top of, my rig. You can see the shackles are basically vertical. Surprisingly, with that much weight, it didn't change the shackle angle all that much. But it sure rode nice with that much weight. I wheeled a couple more times after that, and the springs settled even more. The shackle angle isn't great, but the ride has improved.

Personally, i think the spring rate of these springs are spot on. My problem was that they were simply too short. I'm glad to hear that Hell Creek has lengthened them 3/4". That would have really helped me. Assuming they fit correctly, I would definitely recommend them.

:cheers:
2nd camping trip0001.jpg
2nd camping trip0002.jpg

hey, i got ur same problem with the shackles... i was consulting with my friend a mechanic who will help me arrange this issue. when i told him bout the shackle hangers being moved towards the inside, he freaked out and said it couldn't or even shouldn't be done. he said he'd shorten each leaf that comes after the top one a little bit more to gain more flex... anyone thinks it can help?

sorry dont mean to impose on the original thread creator

this is my thread link
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=183000

Who made those springs? Are they re-arched OEM?

Definitely not rite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom