3FE Owners Check-In (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good for you. Only do a build thread if you want it for yourself own use. I gave up on mine. Weeks would pass and I’d do so many little things that I just gave up. Good luck. Where did you get a speedo cable. I thought they were NLA but must be mistaken.

Good for you. Only do a build thread if you want it for yourself own use. I gave up on mine. Weeks would pass and I’d do so many little things that I just gave up. Good luck. Where did you get a speedo cable. I thought they were NLA but must be mistaken.

Yea I am in the same boat. I do a ton of work and don't really document it too well. I was thinking it'd be good to record high level stuff. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Regarding the cable - it's aftermarket from eBay from Australia - should get here today. We'll see how she fits after work if it's arrived. I searched "FJ80 speedo cable." It looks similar to what I took out. Worth a shot for 30 bucks shipped.

Link

I've tried searching but I'm on a bit of a time crunch, does anybody know the size of these hoses off the top of their head?

20191022_194651.jpg

I bought my first 3fe about 2 month ago. I love it. I have always loved the 80 series, just could never justify having one as my daily driver. I "settled" for a 100 series (see pic), but after 3 years of suffering through 14mpg daily; I had to sell her (still regret it).

So, I sell the 100 and buy a prius as my daily driver. You can laugh, but the difference in my gas bill was enough to put back $150 per month on my daughters college fund. :)

But what do you know, for my 30th birthday present, my wife let's me buy my dream car as my weekend rig, an old 80 (3FE).

1992, approx. 180k, mostly stock.

Fixes so far:
just fixed a major leak in my windshield wiper reservoir
took out old factory cd player (darn theft lock) and replaced with Clarion single DIN
New Battery
Changed all drive belts (started to squeal on my way out to a camping trip last week)

I love these things.
View attachment 942449 View attachment 942450 View attachment 942451 View attachment 942452
what size tire do you have on your 80? lift? also Its an old post... do you still have it?

Thanks! Yes, it is factory without the fender flares. It also has no speakers in the front doors, has some odd ball oem 15x6 steelies, and didn't come with a sunroof (although this one has an aftermarket sunroof that is sealed shut).

I found a couple older threads that talked about some early 91 FJ80s that came equipped like this. I found a serial number on the frame up front on the passenger side that said FJ800001019 (amount of zeroes might not be exact) so, I wonder if this is the #1019 US spec FJ80? Maybe that is just a generic frame number though?

So far I am really liking it. I am going to do some more base lining this weekend; replace diff fluids, and transfer case, new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and replace the belts.

I have factory no flair and no sunroof too. Mine has the same rims. I am pretty sure my serial number is close to yours too

Yeah no kidding. PO had someone build it in Miami. Welded to the frame. Cant take the bumper off so it's something I have been putting off. Damn thing will collapse my whole front end if I hit something. View attachment 2119905

Yikes, gotta wonder what the fabricator was thinking.

Anyway - Nothing a sawzall can't handle. Good luck :)

Yikes, gotta wonder what the fabricator was thinking.

Anyway - Nothing a sawzall can't handle. Good luck :)
lol. Well he was in Miami, soooo. Whatever. PO also put that light bar on top. That's going. One thing I do like from the PO is my swingout. I have yet to see another done in this manner. So that stays.
20191029_123717.jpg

lol. Well he was in Miami, soooo. Whatever. PO also put that light bar on top. That's going. One thing I do like from the PO is my swingout. I have yet to see another done in this manner. So that stays. View attachment 2119919
that is how the non-US factory rear tire carriers are attached. I personally perfer the tire carrier to hinge on the rear bumper so in case you hit the rear tire on a steep drop off, or rear ended by someone, it won't rip off your rear quarter....very neat nonetheless.

that is how the non-US factory rear tire carriers are attached. I personally perfer the tire carrier to hinge on the rear bumper so in case you hit the rear tire on a steep drop off, or rear ended by someone, it won't rip off your rear quarter....very neat nonetheless.
Havent heard that explanation. So that is a factory, but non domestic carrier?

Havent heard that explanation. So that is a factory, but non domestic carrier?
I had a 1991 4Runner with the same factory set up. They only did it on the 4Runners in 1991. I was only running 31 10.50 15’ on factory aluminum wheels.

here is a link of a non-us factory rear tire carrier. I believe yours is custom now i am seeing both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom