3FE Owners Check-In (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was kind of thinking my fully FULLY built 1992 might fetch that much. Who knows, in 10 years maybe i could sell it and buy a lake house.
[/QUOTE]

wow... Idk if thats worth the price. mine is in similar shape and I paid $5000

Mine is fully built on 37s and i paid a little over 6k 5 yrs ago bone stock 1 owner AZ car with zero rust and similar condition. Now looking back, i am still happy with my purchase and how my 91 turned out with no regret after spending over 20k on top of what i paid for.
ZcZEUbE.jpg

Mine is fully built on 37s and i paid a little over 6k 5 yrs ago bone stock 1 owner AZ car with zero rust and similar condition. Now looking back, i am still happy with my purchase and how my 91 turned out with no regret after spending over 20k on top of what i paid for.
ZcZEUbE.jpg
That has a nice stance.

I just bought an early 1991 model year land cruiser fj80. it was made in April of 1990View attachment 2108083 The interesting thing about it is its a factory no 3rd row seats with the non sliding windows in the back. It has a solid second row seat too. notice the rims ( I think these are early factory) the 1991 brochure has a pic of one with these rims.) its pretty cool so far the 3fe has 185k. few things I am currently fixing on it. the rear pinion seal is leaking. (leak started right after I purchased) I am thinking it was a clogged breather because its not leaking as bad now. I did fill the diff back up. Other things.. the antenna is bent going to fix that with a new mast. I have new plugs and wires for a tune up coming. a spare EFI relay Just in case. I am putting a new exhaust pipe from the manifold to the cat because somebody did a poor job booger welding the o2 sensor In and it has a horrible exhaust leak. maybe Ill get better mpg with this new part. I have a new sensor to put in the with exhaust stuff. Other than that everything works. I drove it to Winston Salem North Carolina to Ocracoke Island and it ran fine all the way down averaging I think around 13mpg. The reasoning for the purchase is we just went through a bad hurricane here and my tacoma and my 3rd gen 4runner (4runner only had 120k) both died in the flooding. sad times indeed. but I got a cool new whip from it. any tips for keeping this old gal for at least 10 more years?

sear
I was kind of thinking my fully FULLY built 1992 might fetch that much. Who knows, in 10 years maybe i could sell it and buy a lake house.

[/QUOTE]

I picked up my 92 this summer in similar condition but a bit better paint and few more miles for $2500. After replacing the cooling system and registering it I'm only in it for $3500. 19k? That's nuts.

sear

I picked up my 92 this summer in similar condition but a bit better paint and few more miles for $2500. After replacing the cooling system and registering it I'm only in it for $3500. 19k? That's nuts.
[/QUOTE]

Dang that is a good deal. I feel like I have been consistently looking since before my 4runner flooded in September for a good one. Maybe 5 worthy ones have come across here for sale in my budget (0-7500). they are hard to find in eastern NC that are not rusted out turds. I actually ended up going out to hanging rock state park a full 7ish hours away from home to get it. the one I ended up with is amazing mechanically. And the interior is the best I have seen for a 1991 (made in April of 1990). One down side is the paint on mine is garbage. I will be looking for paint job quotes in the future.

I guess I got lucky when I found mine. Guy wanted $3250 firm. I didn’t argue on the price and gave him cash on the spot. 212,000 on the clock and NO RUST. It’s a 92 but I upgraded to 94 16” LC wheels and 285 75 16 BFG KO2s. Everything else is stock. Runs great but gas mileage is only 10-13 mpg. I didn’t buy it for gas mileage or to be a speed demon. I measure the fun in smiles per gallon. It will go anywhere you point it.
The old 3FE will run forever. Can’t wait to see how many miles I can put on it. I just drive it on the weekends but I hope to take it to 300,000 +++
F387EE24-22E9-4590-BC20-51A4AF140AA5.jpeg

I guess I got lucky when I found mine. Guy wanted $3250 firm. I didn’t argue on the price and gave him cash on the spot. 212,000 on the clock and NO RUST. It’s a 92 but I upgraded to 94 16” LC wheels and 285 75 16 BFG KO2s. Everything else is stock. Runs great but gas mileage is only 10-13 mpg. I didn’t buy it for gas mileage or to be a speed demon. I measure the fun in smiles per gallon. It will go anywhere you point it.
The old 3FE will run forever. Can’t wait to see how many miles I can put on it. I just drive it on the weekends but I hope to take it to 300,000 +++View attachment 2109393
Nice rig welcome

Just recieved this 1992 FJ80 as a gift. Only two owners I believe. 262k miles on the engine. This will be my first car that I will actually learn about and attempt services and replacements myself. I am new to all of this but very excited to have a beloved and reliable vehicle, and embark on this journey. We shall see where she takes me.

No mods or specific 3FE work yet myself. Removed the janky running boards/mudflaps and the bull bar which is definitely to blame for some damage up front. Otherwise, seems decently maintained from PO's. A few dings and dents inside and out, but hey, its 27, and for receiving this as a gift, I'll take those costs/efforts on myself as a project.
I've had a stalling issue while slowing to stops and rolling into parking lots, etc. and no reverse to speak of, however I tracked down a crack in the air cleaner hose #2 connected to the throttle body, taped it up with gorilla glue, and my problems have disappeared. Need to get a new hose part and we'll be good to go. Also plan on trying to baseline the engine stuff, do all my fluids and maybe do an axle service all to get her in good shape. She's pretty much stock as it is and seeing how old she is and with my limited funds, whether I should preserve and keep her well maintained and fix up some body damage, or say screw it and add some fun mods and try to take her on some trails is a question I still have yet to answer. Love her to bits and can't wait to get even deeper into it.

IMG_2081.jpg

ZcZEUbE.jpg
How are you geared? I’ve got the Tcase overdrive gears and 5.29’s. Curious how you’re geared and how the 37’s do with that gear.

Just recieved this 1992 FJ80 as a gift. Only two owners I believe. 262k miles on the engine. This will be my first car that I will actually learn about and attempt services and replacements myself. I am new to all of this but very excited to have a beloved and reliable vehicle, and embark on this journey. We shall see where she takes me.

No mods or specific 3FE work yet myself. Removed the janky running boards/mudflaps and the bull bar which is definitely to blame for some damage up front. Otherwise, seems decently maintained from PO's. A few dings and dents inside and out, but hey, its 27, and for receiving this as a gift, I'll take those costs/efforts on myself as a project.
I've had a stalling issue while slowing to stops and rolling into parking lots, etc. and no reverse to speak of, however I tracked down a crack in the air cleaner hose #2 connected to the throttle body, taped it up with gorilla glue, and my problems have disappeared. Need to get a new hose part and we'll be good to go. Also plan on trying to baseline the engine stuff, do all my fluids and maybe do an axle service all to get her in good shape. She's pretty much stock as it is and seeing how old she is and with my limited funds, whether I should preserve and keep her well maintained and fix up some body damage, or say screw it and add some fun mods and try to take her on some trails is a question I still have yet to answer. Love her to bits and can't wait to get even deeper into it.

View attachment 2109551
Welcome to your apocalypse

How are you geared? I’ve got the Tcase overdrive gears and 5.29’s. Curious how you’re geared and how the 37’s do with that gear.
4.88 on f/r axles. 37s put my speedo within +/- 2 mph with my GPS. I can do 75-80 mph comfortably on highway. On grade, downshift to 2nd or leave it on 3rd and let the motor do the rest 65mph @ 4k rpm

Jesus that's the Marco mobile? Almost makes me want to reflare. And to purposely destroy my 33's.
with 4" lift, will require lots of cutting and trimming on the flares to make fit on 37s on full flex. My wheels also sticks out about 2.5" from outter face of flares to keep rocks out of the body/sheet metal.
QC0xZYJ.jpg

Last edited:
Hey I'm new here long time lurker.

I Just picked up a 91 cruiser for 2100.

Current work:
- Just finished replacing sideview mirror.
- Speedo wasn't working. I took out the dash and couldn't turn the Speedo cable input to the instruments. Took out the Speedo cable on the transfer case side. Cable had sheered. New on should be here shortly.
- Just started a rear bumper. Planning to emulate something like a slee bumper.

Planned work:
- Make sliders
- Finish rear bumper and swing out
- front bumper and winch
- 3" lift - thinking dobinsons progressive coils. Thoughts?
- 35s
- Aussie locker in rear.
- storage drawers in favor of third row seats
- pound out dents and repaint. Thinking of some taupe color.

Should I start a build thread?

imagejpeg_0_12.jpg

imagejpeg_0_13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom