3FE Owners Check-In (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New girl, just got her. '92, 1 owner, 197K, FL vehicle whole life, bone stock, meticulous maintenance records. I've looked, anyone have a link to a radiator replacement thread (I have the radiator, just looking for pitfalls)?

View attachment 2126398 thread?
Darn it. I looked through my emails and links and I cant find what I used to do my pump. Take the fan/clutch off and shroud, so you have belts to contend with. Some of your rad mounts you access through the front so you need to pull the headlights. You will realize once you get it all apart it's pretty much begging you to knock out the thermostat, water pump, clutch, and belts. It's not difficult, but it is a lengthy PITA.

STAYCOO 3 Row Core Aluminum Radiator for Toyota Land Cruiser &Lexus LX450 V8 L6 MT/AT 1990-98 Amazon product ASIN B07Z5Q4RR4
Anyone order this radiators of amazon? The csf radiator isn't available. It says it's a direct fit through 90-98 which I know isn't possible, it seems like 3fe radiators are becoming slim pickings

STAYCOO 3 Row Core Aluminum Radiator for Toyota Land Cruiser &Lexus LX450 V8 L6 MT/AT 1990-98 Amazon product ASIN B07Z5Q4RR4
Anyone order this radiators of amazon? The csf radiator isn't available. It says it's a direct fit through 90-98 which I know isn't possible, it seems like 3fe radiators are becoming slim pickings
Look at eBay gpi racing 3core aluminum radiator

Where in the Panhandle? Radiator is not to bad. If nothing else look for water pump threads. Takes awhile but straight forward. Might want to do the fan clutch while you'e it. #whileyourinthere
Tallahassee- yep, I'm coming to the conclusion might as well do the water pump and fan clutch, belts and thermostat. Thanks.

Tallahassee- yep, I'm coming to the conclusion might as well do the water pump and fan clutch, belts and thermostat. Thanks.
I'd make sure to get an aisin water pump and fan clutch, I made the mistake of putting a "master pro" water pump on mine and will never buy another master pro part again, (I was in a jam and was forced to go to O'Reilly's and buy what they had) the quality is horrible, and honestly if your fan clutch isn't broken, I'd just keep it, or at the very least change the water pump first, and then go from there, the fan clutch is actually pretty easy to get off,
Cheers🍺

So I have a question, my cruiser is in the shop at the moment and the head mechanic has informed that my cruiser has a full floating rear axle, but she has drum brakes?!?? Is this even possible, the shop is called Blackwell automotive (they are a Toyota/Lexus only shop) if I'm not mistaken, if it was a full floating rear, it would have disk brakes. If anyone has any ideas let you know, also the build date on mine is 12/1990, this is just really confusing...
Thanks in advance

Edit: they are putting in new rear axle shaft seals, this is why this topic is even coming up.

You can easily tell a semi-float has an access cover on the back side of the diff the full float does not. A recent thread stated a full floater might be able to fit in semi-float housing but that is not OEM. That would possibly also allow fitting of the disc brakes. In the US 93 was the first year rear discs became available.

Hey guys,

Just bought a 92, curious to know what oil you all are running. It has been running a Castrol Hi Mileage blend. I was thinking about switching to Eneos or Rotella. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom