33 x 10.50 x 15 on stock fj40?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Want to run 33 x 10.50 x 15 bfg all terrain a/t on stock steels and on stock FJ40. Is there a rubbing issue if I do that? Thanks for info.

The 33x10.50x15 A/T's fit with a 2.5" shackle lift - it just barely rubs on the drag link when the steering wheel is turned full right. Other than that, I have been happy with the A/T's.
P1010043 (Small).JPG

You're right.....

Last edited:
I don't have my owners manual in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it says your tire pressure should be set to 30 or 32 psi on a FJ40. I know it says it on the data tag on the door jamb. A lot of people tend to think just because it's a "truck" tire, it should be set 35 psi. Tire pressure is a function of weight of the vehicle. My 4 door tacoma is 29 in the front, 32 in the rear. Hope this helps in the ware of your tires in the future. :meh:

and the discussion here is about a 10.5" tire on a 5.5 to 6" wide wheel so none of that matters here.

If you compress the rear, they don't rub?

I bought them. They fit fine. No issues. Thanks you guys.

Nice. Once you're used to them, post up what pressure you end up running. Mine wear even (chalk test) at about 18 PSI--smoother ride but high steering effort and a weird sloshy feel on corners. I ended up pumping them back up to 25ish and like the performance way, way more.

I'm running mine at 25 psi on 8" wide rims. I've read it's not recommended to run them below 20 on the road.

25 is slightly over inflated... Although steers well with manual steering, and should improve fuel economy marginally. Over 25 the handeling was scary.

My 40s over 2400lbs in the rear... When flexed, it would certainly rub if the fenders weren't cut back. But I'm also running 8" rims rather than 5.5" ones.

33x10x15 on Stock wheels? arent the stock rims only 6" wide?
I put your tire on 8.5 in rims with a 4" lift and NO clearance issues

33x10x15 on Stock wheels? arent the stock rims only 6" wide? I put your tire on 8.5 in rims with a 4" lift and NO clearance issues

5.5" wide and yes they fit.

I'm running mine at 25 psi on 8" wide rims. I've read it's not recommended to run them below 20 on the road.

25 is slightly over inflated... Although steers well with manual steering, and should improve fuel economy marginally. Over 25 the handeling was scary.

Thanks, bikersmurf. :cheers:

I bought them. They fit fine. No issues. Thanks you guys.
Do you have pictures of your FJ with the tires installed. Would like to see how it looks. Thanks.

Won’t find many fj owners in the fj40 section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom