SOLD $31,500 Michigan, 1970 FJ40 stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1970 FJ40, originally from Montana. been in storage and not driveable for decades. It is so solid and nearly rust free. I didnt want to paint it, I love patina. This is a straight six engine, three on the tree manual transmission with vacuum operated four wheel drive. It is a perfect driving 40. no top or side doors, I only drive on nice days. Completely stock with a few saftey exceptions. Its value is derived from a mechanically sound truck with such a solid body. I havent seen one so clean in decades. I never planned to sell this truck but life has gotten in the way. Completely Rebuilt engine rebuilt carb, done in florida by a FJ40 carb expert. front disk brakes off a 1976 FJ40, rebuilt front knuckles. rear disk brakes, JT outfitters. all new brake lines, steel and rubber. Dual circuit master cylinder. new fuel tank, sender, rebuilt fuel pump, all new fuel lines. new clutch. wiring in truck is original and looks and works fantastic. brand new 31" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain TA KM3 radial tires everything works as it should, there is so many details addressed but to many to list. reach out with any questions.

1691930777400.png

Looks like a faux-patina paint job.

Sorry I should of said this is not an original paint job. it had been painted before I bought it at some point. yes I did work the patina. its 53 years old

which FJ40 carb expert in Florida?

This truck is rock solid! it has never had panels replaced, it is all original. the transmission hump like the rest of the truck is spectacular. if you want any pictures let me know.
Engine has been completly rebuilt, new rings and bearings, have reciepts, runs exellent
All fluids were changed,
Every hose has been replaced.
front driveshaft rear U-Joint replaced.
Dist points and internal plastic pieces replaced, new cap rotor, wires and plugs
replaced exhaust manifold due to down pipe studs drilled and improperly fixed by PO
Complete exhaust is OEM
Front knuckles, brakes and axles from a 1976 FJ40, all cleaned painted and greased
new dual circut master cylinder, calipers, rotors rubber lines and custom steel lines. ( I need to get some pictures of the lines, they are sweet)
surfaced flywheel, new clutch, clutch master, pressure plate throw out bearing, pilot bearing, rubber in bellhousing for clutch fork.
sandblasted all the 3 on the tree linkage, painted and relubed
vacuum 4wd works perfect, replaced both hoses under pass floor
all brake lines are new and are custom bent perfectly, nicer than factory
new water pump, hoses and belts, added toyota coolant overflow tank
replaced steel cooling fan with newer toyota plastic blade fan
radaitor was taken to radiator shop sealed pressure checked and painted, heater core was checked, ok no leaks
Fuel tank, sender, seal fuel lines, rubber fuel lines, OEM filter, rebuilt fuel pump, new copper coat steel line to carb. had carb rebuilt in florida from fellow mud.
wiring is original and in great shape, all gauges work
wipers and lights work correctly
all tie rod boots were replaced, rods and joints painted
rear brakes are comprised of JT Outfitter brackets, new GM calipers and rotors, new rubber lines and custom bent brake lines.
all new rear emblems
dash pad had some cracks, two part opoxied the seams
new rear tail lights and reflectors, OEM
new reverse light and used reverse switch, works good
frame was cleaned up and painted
rear floor, top side was scratched and had surface rust, sanded and cleared
rear doors are solid , no rust and operate perfect.
tire carrier, no rust and works perfect.
axles were cleaned up and painted clear
When i bought the truck it had a red and blue strip around the entire truck. (it wasnt a good look) I wet sanded them off. i like patina so I have done some handy work on panting and sanding to get the old school look.
pass seat has hole with black tape on it
I have the orginal roll bar and rear seats (needs new seat covers) have spare tire too. I liked the look without both

this is a full preserved fj40 not restored

If you have questions let me know, im sure I have missed somethings I have done.

the shocks are original Toyota shocks, stamped into the housings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom