😎 2g tree video, lots of interesting tech (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fun video. I love Land Cruiser, miss my 80 series. The 2g Sequoia truly is the "USA" sized Land Cruiser. The 2024 Land Cruiser looks amazing, just too small for family work, and wont have the high towing capacity. Sequoia is an amazing unit, all generations. Very reliable and capable in stock form, like a true Land Cruiser.

Fun video. I love Land Cruiser, miss my 80 series. The 2g Sequoia truly is the "USA" sized Land Cruiser. The 2024 Land Cruiser looks amazing, just too small for family work, and wont have the high towing capacity. Sequoia is an amazing unit, all generations. Very reliable and capable in stock form, like a true Land Cruiser.
1911 is also a great Sequoia accessory. 👍

I think the 80 series is the companion rig to the 2nd gen, although I’d think that since I have both. There is no substitute for dual solid axles and conversely I think the IRS of the second gen and it’s fold flat second and third row make it an ultimate go anywhere rig. The post 80 series Cruisers have been a terrible mix of expensive, big on the outside, small on the inside, and not any more capable than a 4Runner. Why not have locked IRS instead of a rear solid axle taking up all that room? The solid rear can’t compensate for the horror of IFS anyway.

Once I get all the kids out of college I’m going to regear, lock, and armor the Sequoia. If it turns out to be more fun…well then I might sell the 80 that doesn’t see many miles. There is an awful lot to be said about not having everything be too easy when you go wheeling. And you can never have too much space. A second gen Sequoia is a perfect gear rig for one if you mountain bike and ski and all that good stuff.

Also, a Sequoia can be quite a bit more capable than a later model Land Cruiser - better wheelbase and clearance.

IMG_5095.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom