2F oil cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to add an oil cooler to a 2F. The factory setups seem to be uncommon and on the expensive side (compared to a cooler I already have) since the oil tap at the filter is pressurized. Am I looking in the wrong place (ebay)? Is there an easy way to tap into the unpressurized side of the pump so I can use a "normal" oil cooler?

the 2F will run fine without an oil cooler. there are lots of them running around the world without them in harsher climates than ours.

if you really want to run one, go the stock route. it is made and designed for the 2F.

the 2F will run fine without an oil cooler. there are lots of them running around the world without them in harsher climates than ours.

if you really want to run one, go the stock route. it is made and designed for the 2F.

This is a mobile hydraulic plant, not a Landcruiser. Its job is to run at 100% throttle at 2500 rpm, at a max speed of maybe 3 mph so no wind. It's got a larger than stock radiator and runs very hot with the ambient temperature below freezing.

I'd go stock just because it's easy, but all the units I've run across are around $150 for the filter housing and 30+ year old heat exchanger with 30+ year old oil lines, whereas I've already got beefy oil coolers and heat exchangers and boxes of Aeroquip hoses and fittings, but I don't see any place to tap an unpressurized feed.

Why not use a standard oil cooler sandwich adapter commonly available thru most auto parts suppliers?

I'd go stock just because it's easy, but all the units I've run across are around $150 for the filter housing and 30+ year old heat exchanger with 30+ year old oil lines.

you're looking in the wrong places for a stock cooler.
there are no lines other than the coolant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom