26 February 2011 Day Trip Trail Ride Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We had a great time and it was great meeting all of you guys. My wife took some awesome pics that I'll get up loaded to picasa and post a link. Everyone needs to get CBs and get them working correctly!

Really nice meeting you guys too and great pic. I agree -- CB will be arriving in the mail shortly.

Bart

My son and I had a great time. It was very nice meeting new folks.

What a shame about the fines.

Question about the spot you all were ticketed at.... I and about 10 others camped in that actual location. would that be illegal as well?

What a shame about the fines.

Question about the spot you all were ticketed at.... I and about 10 others camped in that actual location. would that be illegal as well?

only if you drove to the camping spot...

Sorry to hear about the bogus fines. Does the NFS people have it posted anywhere where we can review off limit places? Websites, signs, etc?

BK, aren't those the same trails we went to last year?

Thanks all!

It was a good turnout and a great day except for the obvious:beer:

I have driven to that exact spot and camped as well. This was probably 5 years ago though. There was an actual road up to that spot. There were the 3 hill climbs and a flat path to the left. Things have changed I suppose?

Sounds like another tech day to me. :) I have all the test equipment needed to check radios and properly tune antennas.

Anyone interested in getting an amateur "ham" radio license?

Ed

Sweet. I'm looking at CB/export radios right now. Would also like to get into amateur radio as well.
My buddy is a com officer and We're looking at cheap mods. ;)
...and a PA system

Last edited:
Sounds like another tech day to me. :) I have all the test equipment needed to check radios and properly tune antennas.

Ed

Says the guy who was able to transmit about 3 sentences the whole day...

He he he...:hillbilly:

Ed

I just got a new firestick to utilize the mount on my ARB (vs the magnetic car mast I had before), so I'd be up for a tuning session/howto if it comes together.

I have driven to that exact spot and camped as well. This was probably 5 years ago though. There was an actual road up to that spot. There were the 3 hill climbs and a flat path to the left. Things have changed I suppose?

Nope, it sounds the same. Three little hill climbs (not unlike what you find on the road itself) and a sloping path to the left. And it did simply look like another section of road.

The USFS is part of the Northern Virginia welcoming committee....

I would never take you on a closed trail...ah....atleast not knowingly :grinpimp:

It seems to me that they need to mark the roads better. When we got to the top of the Union Springs Road, there is not a single sign telling you which way to head. I would be interested in seeing where the USFS was giving out tickets, but I haven't had time to get up there lately. I might head over to the office and talk with them about getting a map showing locations of actual open trails.

I am reading the manual right now. Would love to.

Bart

It is a simple test...if I can pass it, anyone can. Just take a few online quizzes and get the book from the library. Don't forget to take a few additional tests the day of the exam...if you pass those, you can get more access. I didn't, but should have.

The area is unchanged. Some areas are marked with small yellow signs which state "No Vehicle Traffic". The place where the citations were issued had no such signs.

After Saturday, I searched the NFS web-page for any indication of constraints/restrictions. I may not have searched well enough, but I saw no clear indication of what existing trails are "legal" and "not legal". There is no "map". The only thing I can infer is to stay on the Forest Service Roads--meaning all trails and paths aside from the FS Road should be considered "No Vehicle Traffic".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom