IPOR Rear Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally got around to installing my rear bumper from Iron Pig and wanted to show everyone a few pics.
image-1353579691.jpg
image-1587214719.jpg
image-2433517365.jpg

More...
image-3793841356.jpg
image-3768690353.jpg
image-1695046132.jpg

A few more
image-2856928161.jpg
image-1920301146.jpg
image-21620368.jpg

I still need to drill 4 holes through the back of the rear crossmember and I plan on doing that soon. 4 bolts then go through the already welded on receiver hitch and are what secures the rear to the rear crossmember.

I also need to figure out how I am going to mount my license plate since it is blocked now by the tire.

I'm very impressed with the look and construction of this bumper. The thing is beast and the swing out design looks and works great.
image-4085794126.jpg
image-1073659921.jpg
image-642188481.jpg

Have the same bumper, good stuff. Where did you get the rubber cap from? Did IPOR send that? I never got one with mine and the water just pools on top of the spindle.

As far as mounting the plate, I just used the two right mounting holes for the plate and lined it up with the left mounting holes on the license plate. Then I just used heavy duty double sided tape on the right side of the plate. 1 year later it all still works fine.

Great looking cruiser, enjoy!

The cap is metal and is secured with an allen key. It was included with the bag of hardware. If you are missing yours I'm sure you could just call and they would ship it out.

Looks stout!
Mine is home made, but I installed a gas shock on the main arm so that it didnt swing open and hit the rear quarter when unloading on a hill.
Ive also had the latch pop open on me while driving sending the swing arm flying out :mad:
Going to install a pin as an added safety feature (like the ones slee uses) soon.
Your bumper may have all that, i just didnt see it so thought it was worth mentioning

That bumper defiantly completes your rig :smokin:

Nice, I plan on the same one once I get my new shocks/springs in.

OK, just installed my IPOR dual swingout rear...

How many bolts do you have securing the bumper? Currently I just have the two that go under the frame rail that used to secure the hitch, supposed to be a long side bolt that goes through the frame rail? I would think that if it did use this that it will pinch the frame together? Did you have a spacer that goes between the frame rail and the bottom mounting tabs that the bolts run through? (OEM hitch had spacers welded to it to allow for the crossmember clearances.) Have you ran bolts through the hitch setup to the crossmember? From chopping the hole for the receiver, the rear crossmember seems kind of soft/weak?

My hardware kit for the bumper consisted of the handles for the swingouts, bolts to secure the handle, the bottom and top collars for the swingouts and the red wingout bumpers with small screws... Nadda else... No instructions or packing list either but it did come in a BIG box which was a suprise.

Did you install travel limiters to the swingouts? Doesn't seem too difficult to install but I dunno if I want to use a simple tab/bolt or a gas strut...

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

My comments in red

OK, just installed my IPOR dual swingout rear...

How many bolts do you have securing the bumper? Currently I just have the two that go under the frame rail that used to secure the hitch, supposed to be a long side bolt that goes through the frame rail? I would think that if it did use this that it will pinch the frame together? Did you have a spacer that goes between the frame rail and the bottom mounting tabs that the bolts run through? (OEM hitch had spacers welded to it to allow for the crossmember clearances.) Have you ran bolts through the hitch setup to the crossmember? From chopping the hole for the receiver, the rear crossmember seems kind of soft/weak?

IPOR included bolts for 3 locations on each side of the bumper and 4 bolts to go through the rear crossmember. I needed to use spacers for the long side bolts. You can see in the picture I uploaded how mine is attached.

As soon as I get around to it I will finish drilling the holes for the 4 bolts on the receiver hitch. I just haven't had time.

My hardware kit for the bumper consisted of the handles for the swingouts, bolts to secure the handle, the bottom and top collars for the swingouts and the red wingout bumpers with small screws... Nadda else... No instructions or packing list either but it did come in a BIG box which was a suprise.

Did you install travel limiters to the swingouts? Doesn't seem too difficult to install but I dunno if I want to use a simple tab/bolt or a gas strut
I'm not doing anything right now for the swing out travel. Right now mine is stiff enough that I will stay in place. I may need to do something like that in the future but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom