2024 GX wait list (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed. Living in a hot climate, I don't even open the sunroof shade most of the time. I have to keep that heat out of the cabin.
3 options it appears...

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 13-17-04 新型レクサスGXのすべて レクサスGX 日本発売日 レクサGX550 5人乗り 7人乗り レクサスGXモデリスタ レクサ...png

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 13-16-31 新型レクサスGXのすべて レクサスGX 日本発売日 レクサGX550 5人乗り 7人乗り レクサスGXモデリスタ レクサ...png

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 13-15-54 新型レクサスGXのすべて レクサスGX 日本発売日 レクサGX550 5人乗り 7人乗り レクサスGXモデリスタ レクサ...png

I think it was already happening with the current gen, people got tired of the inflated T4r prices.
Anecdotally I did. I started down the Toyota path with a quicksand TRD pro 4runner and went down a rabbit hole. Since have had 2 other 4R, LC200, LX570, GX 460 black line, currently seq TRD pro and ordering GX550 now. When I write it all down I feel like I may have a problem.

Got a time machine I can use to bring you back to my week while I had the Tundra loaner for?

Otherwise it's pretty well known already across various places the comments about the lag and throttle mapping. Did you bother searching for it?

Overall they did well but that front/ rear overhang is hard to overcome... Not just approach/ departure #'s but the proportional look from the side, especially the front. Seeing all the similarities with LC600 drivetrain, I'm a bit tempted to wait and convert to a 4R(TNGA-F junior) assuming it will be the same drivetrain with TT4 hybrid and smaller, just hope they offer an upscale model, maybe there is a new Lexus alignment(L-TNGA-F junior) with the 4R not announced yet.

I really hope they shorten the LC250 front at minimum and rear and don't turn it into another gaudy FJ thing but it isn't looking good... Wifey loves the GX460 and not sure I can get her off it... Maybe they will have a Nori green 460 AND 550 and the MW Expo in two months to stare and compare:meh: Maybe even an early release 250.
Not ruled out but also not enough to get in line here yet.

Not a 4R guy but wanting to downsize and I could go for this 2024 4R rendering if somewhat accurate, even if a TT4 or not.
1686340270543.png

Anecdotally I did. I started down the Toyota path with a quicksand TRD pro 4runner and went down a rabbit hole. Since have had 2 other 4R, LC200, LX570, GX 460 black line, currently seq TRD pro and ordering GX550 now. When I write it all down I feel like I may have a problem.
LOl jesus

Which on
Nice,

you can choose from highly refined individual, pleb, or bonehead edition.
Which one is which? I see closed terrarium, passing stuff up to a roof top tent and less weight / fewer moving parts to f with in 25 years.
I’m also a bonehead regardless, cause imma gonna get me one of these in a few years. Likely won’t have all three as options on the Overtrail anyhow.

Nice,

you can choose from highly refined individual, pleb, or bonehead edition.
Don’t call yourself a bonehead just because you want a sunroof.
Us highly-refined individuals like you just the way you are 🤣

LOL at the haters. Half seem to wish they'd made a 70 series with rubber floors, the other half wanted a limousine that'll give you a foot rub on the way to the opera. Given these two factions, I'd say Lexus landed right in the sweet spot.

Also, panoramic roofs are trash. If I wanted to mess up my weight distribution, I'd just put my spare tire on the roof or get a RTT. My dog doesn't need a tan.

More if flat and no headwind. My 2500 Laramie can touch ~26 mpg in that scenario when MDS kicks in.
Ha-ha!
Wait till I add 35" tires and a half ton of mod's and see what she'll do!

Club lexus is trash so if owners post their thoughts and content here this place will get an influx of new owners for better or worse I foresee. This will be a popular truck no doubt. I can’t imagine too many current GX buyers (soccer moms mostly) passing on this new version but I do see many outsiders coming into the fold.
With soccer moms purchasing these, that should allow a good used market of nicely kept GX's with low miles and zero off road time!
That's how I got mine!

Ha-ha!
Wait till I add 35" tires and a half ton of mod's and see what she'll do!
LOL my wife wants larger tires on it too. It is her truck after all. Was thinking about 285/75/17 or something similar. Not a fan of the factory 20" chrome wheels on it now.

Reactions: r2m
Got a time machine I can use to bring you back to my week while I had the Tundra loaner for?

Otherwise it's pretty well known already across various places the comments about the lag and throttle mapping. Did you bother searching for it?
There should be less turbo lag with a twin turbo.
The whole idea of twin turbos it that they are smaller turbines, thus will spool up quicker than one large turbo, so throttle response shouldn't that bad in theory...)

Around here, everyone has moved to SXSs, so the trails have gotten smaller :(. My current 470 is already a bit too big.
Time to bring a chain saw and start widening those trails!

I'm actually surprised they didn't go with an IRS instead of a live axle on the new GX.
Some of the full size domistic SUV's are doing independent rear axles. That would give much better on road performance and maybe a little better off road articulation?
I know straight axles are best for extreme articulation, but we don't build our rigs for that kind of wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom