2024 GX wait list (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boy... This thread has really blown up!

Can the luxury with the nice wheels and pano roof get the lockers?
Do they all have E-KDSS?

I might just buy one of these

I disagree. I don’t think the targeted demo moved downstream at all. The GX still offers the typical luxury ride and look that Lexus is know for, they just happen to have an off-road looking trim they added to appeal to the crowd that wants that. The luxury versions are still there and are going to be popular as well.

I personally don’t like panoramic sunroofs so I’m kind of happy they decided to keep it regular.
There will be a pano roof option, just not clear on which trims it will be offered on. Personally I like the mix of high quality/utilitarian materials. I think being a Lexus it will be screwed together tighter than a Ford product. Plus have a more refined ride and driving experience. Better sound system, acoustic glass, etc.

Yes! Its nice to get an exciting product in the Lexus family!

There was a similar giant waiting room when the LX dropped (WOMP WOMP), we were all here.
Not one of us bought one. BC it was trash. LOL

Reactions: r2m
HOLD THE PHONES!

2kiu2e.gif

• Haha
Can the luxury with the nice wheels and pano roof get the lockers?
Do they all have E-KDSS?
Pano isn't a given but there is a chance... It says lockers exclusive on the Overtrail but DOESN'T say it is not available on the lux model.
E-KDSS Overtrail- yes. LUX-?
Good reading here(official)

Attachments

• 2024_Lexus_GX_Press_Release.pdf
    218.5 KB · Views: 56
I'm excited about the TTV6 and 10-spd!
Temper your expectations. It's a dog with poor throttle mapping and bad turbo lag. At least this combo is in the new Tundra.

Exactly! Have a Ram 2500 and get 21 mpg on the highway.
More if flat and no headwind. My 2500 Laramie can touch ~26 mpg in that scenario when MDS kicks in.

Some things I wanted and appear to be showing up…

Massage seats
Heads up Display
Wireless charging
2 row option
Pano roof option
Remote engine start (not verified)
Ambient lighting (not verified)

The larger dim's are my BIGGEST concerns considering we do trail often.
Going a wee bit bigger is fine so long as the new 4R's get the same dimensions and the Jeeps continue to grow a little too.
If all the trail rigs begin to grow, then off road clubs will start making the trails a little wider.
That's basically what has happened already. Originally off road trails were for Jeeps, not the new jeeps, I'm talking about 1940's and 1950's Jeeps when they were the size of little Suzuki Samurai's. As the vehicles grew, so too did the trails.
Around here, everyone has moved to SXSs, so the trails have gotten smaller :(. My current 470 is already a bit too big.

Club lexus is trash so if owners post their thoughts and content here this place will get an influx of new owners for better or worse I foresee. This will be a popular truck no doubt. I can’t imagine too many current GX buyers (soccer moms mostly) passing on this new version but I do see many outsiders coming into the fold.

Hoping the 200 is more comfy on those longer journeys as I'd love to load the bikes up and hit some trails in Colorado, Utah, and Arizona among other places.
I can guarantee you the 200 will be very comfortable. I think that's one of its strengths. Horrible gas mileage but I can do 4-6 (maybe more) hours in a day and not feel tired.

Club lexus is trash so if owners post their thoughts and content here this place will get an influx of new owners for better or worse I foresee. This will be a popular truck no doubt. I can’t imagine too many current GX buyers (soccer moms mostly) passing on this new version but I do see many outsiders coming into the fold.
I think it was already happening with the current gen, people got tired of the inflated T4r prices.

Temper your expectations. It's a dog with poor throttle mapping and bad turbo lag. At least this combo is in the new Tundra.

Show me.

I personally don’t like panoramic sunroofs so I’m kind of happy they decided to keep it regular.
I don’t like sunroofs. I think pano roofs are even worse. Just give me a regular metal roof that won’t leak or jam or blind me with reflections.

Last edited:
Around here, everyone has moved to SXSs, so the trails have gotten smaller :(. My current 470 is already a bit too big.
I did for now - bought a Rhino. In my case it's due to being in Alaska. It's mostly a giant swamp. And the trails are just too soft for anything full size unless you're on ag tires. And a lot of areas have a 1500lb weight limit. So even the bigger UTVs aren't allowed. I can't argue with the performance though. It'll run circles around my Tundra and keep up with my FJ40 in all but the roughest stuff for less than the cost of just a set of tires and armor for a Tundra.

I think the new GX will feel narrower than it's specs say. The door to door width is probably a good bit narrower than the LC300 so it may nimble enough on most trails. But it'll sure take a lot of pinstripes on that fancy Lexus paint job. I can't wait to see what the 4Runner/LC brings. If it's similar in a more utilitarian form, I think it'll be super popular. I sure hope it gets better than 17mpg though.

I did for now - bought a Rhino. In my case it's due to being in Alaska. It's mostly a giant swamp. And the trails are just too soft for anything full size unless you're on ag tires. And a lot of areas have a 1500lb weight limit. So even the bigger UTVs aren't allowed. I can't argue with the performance though. It'll run circles around my Tundra and keep up with my FJ40 in all but the roughest stuff for less than the cost of just a set of tires and armor for a Tundra.

I think the new GX will feel narrower than it's specs say. The door to door width is probably a good bit narrower than the LC300 so it may nimble enough on most trails. But it'll sure take a lot of pinstripes on that fancy Lexus paint job. I can't wait to see what the 4Runner/LC brings. If it's similar in a more utilitarian form, I think it'll be super popular. I sure hope it gets better than 17mpg though.
SXSx are no doubt very useful/capable machines. My folks have one and it's a great utility vehicle for the farm. It also cost nearly 2X as much as my used GX! Many of the fancy, high-performance SXSs are $30K+ and a few of the fancy RZRs get into the $40K+ range. Even a cheapo no-name Chinese SXS is $10K.

A friend of mine was going to get one for his farm, but ended up getting a Jeep YJ instead for $5K, which is essentially the same size but much more versatile and street-legal.

Agreed. Living in a hot climate, I don't even open the sunroof shade most of the time. I have to keep that heat out of the cabin.
I put XPEL ceramic tint on my front and the ceramic “clear” on the rest of the windows and sunroof. It’s incredible how much cooler the interior is. I had to change my default temp from 71ish to 75 because I’d get cold driving. Well worth the money and I’ll put it on every car I own going forward. I’m about to have the “clear” put on my ‘75 Bronco because it’s an absolute oven in the summer.

It looks like the lines on the bumpers are very favorable for aftermarket bumpers..especially the rear. No trimming even needed and rear sensors can be left as is too.

Hopefully @benc is already on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom