2024 GX wait list (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the new US land cruiser is the Prado 250 which is the GX underlying platform.

Who are you hearing this from? I feel pretty good in saying this is NOT the case.

Hi @Specialeyes, would it be more correct to state the TNGA-F BOF SUV platform is shared by the Prado, GX, Land Cruiser and 4Runner. I believe that has been known for a couple of years. While they all may share a generally boxy appearance, each will have their own unique look. Is that a more correct way to look at it?

This is what seems to be known at this point, please tell us where there may be corrections to this information?

2024 Toyota Prado 250 (International markets)​
2024 Lexus GX (Prado influenced)​
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser (GX & Retro FJ influenced, USA & Canada)​
2025 Toyota 6th gen 4Runner (Tacoma influenced)​

It'll be interesting to see how many we lose on this GX460 forum to folks purchasing the new GX(???) and moving to the new GX forum. :meh:
If there is a plug in hybrid and the numbers work I will probably keep the 460 and ditch the T4R Limited. Since installing the Bilsteins, my partner way prefers the GX and my next vehicle will almost have to be a PHEV as I may end up with commuting 140-160 miles a day when we move.

We aren't opposed to keeping the GX460 alongside of the 200 and then adding the new GX550. I'll need a beater truck for truck bed use if we end up going that route.

We aren't opposed to keeping the GX460 alongside of the 200 and then adding the new GX550. I'll need a beater truck for truck bed use if we end up going that route.
Yea, I see myself slowly removing all of the plastics in mine as it transitions to a trail rig. That way I have the toughness built in to treat it like a true utility vehicle, or as RM put it, a work van. 🤣

Yea, I see myself slowly removing all of the plastics in mine as it transitions to a trail rig. That way I have the toughness built in to treat it like a true utility vehicle, or as RM put it, a work van. 🤣

I doubt I'd build this 460 out like the last, if it stays its place will be as it is now, the around town errand runner. The Cruiser is well on its way to being fully built, I don't need them both like that haha.

Hi @Specialeyes, would it be more correct to state the TNGA-F BOF SUV platform is shared by the Prado, GX, Land Cruiser and 4Runner. I believe that has been known for a couple of years. While they all may share a generally boxy appearance, each will have their own unique look. Is that a more correct way to look at it?

This is what seems to be known at this point, please tell us where there may be corrections to this information?

2024 Toyota Prado 250 (International markets)​
2024 Lexus GX (Prado influenced)​
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser (GX & Retro FJ influenced, USA & Canada)​
2025 Toyota 6th gen 4Runner (Tacoma influenced)​
Yes that is a better way of stating it. The shared platform is just that, a platform with which to assemble vehicles.

A few months ago many (including myself) thought the Global Prado may be coming to the US but in more recent internet speculation it seems like things are going to effectively stay the same. What I mean by that is:

Tacoma - Mid Size Truck (obviously)

4Runner - Mid Size SUV remaining true to itself in form and function.

LC Prado - Mid Size LC for the world, once again excluding North America. This is most likely the one in those latest Japanese renders going around.

GX550 - A LC Prado in a Lexus suit and tie same as before. This time however Lexus is going to actually embrace it’s off road capabilities and offer trims and packages as such.

North American Land Cruiser - FJ 40/70 retro styling off road focused vehicle. Built to compete with the Wrangler and Bronco. It won’t be a Prado nor will it be a upmarket luxury type SUV. (That would be the 300 Series which, sadly we aren’t getting here unless you want a LX.)

All of these will be built on TNGA-F as you stated.

Tacoma - Mid Size Truck (obviously)

4Runner - Mid Size SUV remaining true to itself in form and function.

LC Prado - Mid Size LC for the world, once again excluding North America. This is most likely the one in those latest Japanese renders going around.

GX550 - A LC Prado in a Lexus suit and tie same as before. This time however Lexus is going to actually embrace it’s off road capabilities and offer trims and packages as such.

North American Land Cruiser - FJ 40/70 retro styling off road focused vehicle. Built to compete with the Wrangler and Bronco. It won’t be a Prado nor will it be a upmarket luxury type SUV. (That would be the 300 Series which, sadly we aren’t getting here unless you want a LX.)

All of these will be built on TNGA-F as you stated.
Of all these, the first and last are all that is a given, the rest is all speculation. Has Toyota officially released news of anything else mentioned above?
Maybe they should just call their lineup TNGA-F tiny, TNGA-F mini, TNGA-F medium, TNGA-F Large, and TNGA-F Jumbo and for Lexus, just add a L before the T. It may make more sense....
It's obvious with the changing of the guard at Toyota Corp is not concerned with past USA SUV history with the Lexus/ Toyota alignment and naming conventions. No matter what they badge as a LC, it will never be what it once was and just a name. Lets just hope they don't fail again if they bring back the FJ name like they did on the last attempt...

1686239740303.png

1686239754156.png

Hmmmm what do we make of what @cruiseroutfit is saying and a possible trail-oriented model? 🤪

The AAP program would allow for that as a dealer optioned TFS financed new purchase fully outfitted.

Wow! Very edgy, looking a lot like the new LR Defenders!
Wonder how long it'll take the aftermarket community to come up with bumpers, skids, sliders, racks, etc.?
The whole reason in 2018 when I purchased my 2013 GX was the lack of aftermarket support. At the time there wasn't really any front bumpers for the spindle grills, so I went with the very last year (2013) of the straight across bumper that I was able to find with the least mileage.
Hope it doesn't take 5 years for the GX community to come up with armor and add-on's for this! Especially since this is quite a departure from the the 460.
Before it was easy between 2013 and 2014, just a grill. Now it's all different.

Me trying to talk my better half into letting me have 2 GXs so I can turn my 460 into a trail rig and commute with the new one.

Interior looks promising

I like both color ways and curious the differences between the off roader and the luxury (day and night)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom