2024 GX wait list (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The more I look at this picture:
1686081457244.jpeg

And analyze this picture:
1686081472327.jpeg

I have a harder and harder time seeing the original teaser's flares and third-row window line making sense in cooperation with one another. The image that dropped today makes it look like the truck will have the "traditional" GX cut from the fender into the window, which the original appears to have too, but doesn't the new pic make it look like it has a more traditional window line than in the original? I.e., all three windows in line with one another, versus the original teaser making it seem like the rear-most window is shorter/smaller vertically. (I very well may be over-analyzing). Also: Raised roof rails! Wondering more and more if there will be a more off-road focused version than we've had before.

Reactions: r2m
As for the side glass design, I saw this in the 70 series book by Takeshi Namba and I can definitely see the design influence.

347399072_638364401172162_7700133119445800131_n.jpg

side.png

This all just disappoints me further that they went the V6 TT route. I'm loving these body lines and the fact that it doesn't appear to have that stupid large gaping spindle grille. I would of bought one.

This all just disappoints me further that they went the V6 TT route. I'm loving these body lines and the fact that it doesn't appear to have that stupid large gaping spindle grille. I would of bought one.
I’d prefer the simplicity of an updated NA drivetrain as well, but unfortunately this is the way things are headed. That being said, I bet it’s going to be a lot of fun to drive.

I’d prefer the simplicity of an updated NA drivetrain as well, but unfortunately this is the way things are headed. That being said, I bet it’s going to be a lot of fun to drive.
It will be great fun to drive,
The 300 drives much better than the 200 ( more nimble and just less cumbersome to drive in the city and more fun offroad )
Can you imagine the new GX? It will be even funner to drive.

One issue I would be concerned with is interior space, the 300 in some parts feels more cramped than the 200 inside, so I hope the same doesn't happen with the new GX.
Rumors say the new GX will have a longer wheelbase ( identical to the bigger LC ) so maybe legroom will be better than current GX.

It will be great fun to drive,
The 300 drives much better than the 200 ( more nimble and just less cumbersome to drive in the city and more fun offroad )
Can you imagine the new GX? It will be even funner to drive.

One issue I would be concerned with is interior space, the 300 in some parts feels more cramped than the 200 inside, so I hope the same doesn't happen with the new GX.
Rumors say the new GX will have a longer wheelbase ( identical to the bigger LC ) so maybe legroom will be better than current GX.

The rear seat leg room is definitely smaller on the 300, it was easily noticeable when we test drove it. I have high hopes for the new GX.

The solution like I've been saying for a while was a PHEV drivetrain instead of being lazy and doing a V6 TT setup like everyone else is doing. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. LOL

The solution like I've been saying for a while was a PHEV drivetrain instead of being lazy and doing a V6 TT setup like everyone else is doing. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. LOL
I wouldn’t count that out just yet. It might not be available for ‘24, but could be an option a couple of years down the road as an incentive to get people to trade up. I think Ford is doing that with the Bronco.

This is the best render I have seen of the Prado 250. That will be the base for the 2024 GX. The US will also get this on the Toyota side as the new Toyota Land Cruiser. They aren't bringing it in as Prado and they aren't bringing in the 300. They will put this up with the same turbo 6 in the Sequoia. The GX will be the reskinned version of this and will have the hybrid powertrain. You can see the lines in the tease photo. Will be fun to find out tomorrow.
1686138450103.png

I also prefer NA engines, and I agree it is only a matter of time until they are extinct in new mainstream vehicles. The TT V6 is the right next step as it will help keep the weight down. PHEV is more complex and that has shown up in their reliability. Everything has trade offs and I am glad there are still some interesting vehicles being built.

"Toyota's Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime are less reliable than their conventional hybrid versions"
Consumer Reports finds hybrid cars are more reliable than gas-only models EVs and plug-in hybrids still have problems, though.

I am looking forward to seeing the full reveal on the 8th and the teaser shots look promissing.

This is the best render I have seen of the Prado 250. That will be the base for the 2024 GX. The US will also get this on the Toyota side as the new Toyota Land Cruiser. They aren't bringing it in as Prado and they aren't bringing in the 300. They will put this up with the same turbo 6 in the Sequoia. The GX will be the reskinned version of this and will have the hybrid powertrain. You can see the lines in the tease photo. Will be fun to find out tomorrow.
View attachment 3342853

I can't see them bringing this over in the Toyota line-up and then still having a new 4Runner as well, far too much overlap. I wouldn't be mad about it but the more I read and hear the more I believe that the new "Land Cruiser" will be something more along the lines of a FJC that would compete more directly with the Wrangler and Bronco. None of us knows for sure, but IMHO, offering the 4Runner and Prado in the Toyota line-up just doesn't make much sense, unless of course the 6th Gen 4Runner is something all new and complete departure from what we've seen since the 90's.

I can't see them bringing this over in the Toyota line-up and then still having a new 4Runner as well, far too much overlap. I wouldn't be mad about it but the more I read and hear the more I believe that the new "Land Cruiser" will be something more along the lines of a FJC that would compete more directly with the Wrangler and Bronco. None of us knows for sure, but IMHO, offering the 4Runner and Prado in the Toyota line-up just doesn't make much sense, unless of course the 6th Gen 4Runner is something all new and complete departure from what we've seen since the 90's.
the new US land cruiser is the Prado 250 which is the GX underlying platform.

the new US land cruiser is the Prado 250 which is the GX underlying platform.

You have verifiable proof of this?

I wouldn’t count that out just yet. It might not be available for ‘24, but could be an option a couple of years down the road as an incentive to get people to trade up. I think Ford is doing that with the Bronco.
I hope you're right because that is the only way I'll ever sell my current GX460. I don't rock crawl or do the heavy technical stuff so I'm not worried about losing a little off-road capability if i can get a PHEV drivetrain as a bonus.

"Toyota's Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime are less reliable than their conventional hybrid versions"
Consumer Reports finds hybrid cars are more reliable than gas-only models EVs and plug-in hybrids still have problems, though.
I owned an R4P and consumer reports can go stick it., in terms of actual technical issues I had zero and so does pretty much everyone else I talked to in person out in the wild. All vehicles have problems, so you cannot take what you read on forums, reddit or things like consumer reports as gospel. You'll only hear the loudest voices in the room on the internet and not from happy satisfied customers out in the real world. And IN the real world it just isn't more unreliable just because it has more components. Toyota's been at the hybrid game so long they know what they are doing.

Nobody, ever, should trust consumer reports anyway. They haven't been trustworthy in well over a decade.

/soapbox dismount

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how many we lose on this GX460 forum to folks purchasing the new GX(???) and moving to the new GX forum. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom