2024 GX wait list (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The beauty of it is the GX may up-size slightly, the LC will come back down to earth in size and weight. Neither will be a Jeep or Bronco size, budget or cheap build if they get it right. If you compare to the previous GX/ 4R you should have zero concerns about it going into the wild. It may be out of your budget new of the lot, most not being 6 figures if half that, but very affordable as a second owner and a lot easier to come by used. This last Japanese magazine release is claiming huge off-road gains above the 300 series.
Seeing the LX600 going after a LX700h patent only sweetens the pot for the GX and a true twin turbo, non de-tuned V6. This would make more sense with Toyota up scaling the Lexus over the paired Toyota models as they should be finally, 20 years later they got it figured out.

Some additional specs released:

View attachment 3334581
Just for giggles, here's the 100 series Landcruiser spec's
Length: 192.52"
Width: 76.38"
Height: 72.83"
Wheelbase: 112.2"
Weight: 5004 lbs

The 'ol Hundy wasn't far off from the GX, except that 4.7 L V-8 was only able to push outjust 235 hp/320 lb-ft

It will have a pop out rear glass and have a lift hatch, no barn door, no split gate. It’ll be just like the Sequoia.

Based on what I've seen so far I am very happy I passed on the current gen GX and haven't emptied my piggy bank on a 200 HE.

You wouldn’t regret a built HE in the least. Short of the better infotainment interface of the newer models the 200 gives up nothing and I’d rather have a long time vetted NA V8 than some new turbo totsy option. I love the GX but I’d never give up a late model 200 to even the newest GX on the block.

You wouldn’t regret a built HE in the least. Short of the better infotainment interface of the newer models the 200 gives up nothing and I’d rather have a long time vetted NA V8 than some new turbo totsy option. I love the GX but I’d never give up a late model 200 to even the newest GX on the block.
I will remember your reply as the one that pushed me over the edge if the day comes that I finally buy one 😂

Nvm, who knows.

Last edited:
Another teaser

345AFEAF-AC30-4C07-B784-AA4617F50F54.jpeg

This looks rad. I guess we still need to wait and see about off-roady options and whether or not it has any factory approach angle but as a general automotive shape it looks great.

I like the coffee creamer color too.

That view makes that A pillar seem much more vertical than any rendering showed. Sure makes it look like Toyota is bringing in that 70 series look everyone was asking for(without the ruggedness and of course solid axle..)!! Pulling in all teasers on one post.
1686065588912.png

1686065644178.png
1686065700571.png

70 series:
1686065911104.png

Similar a-pillar lines to the 5th Gen Y61 Nissan Patrol as well.

Nissan_Patrol_front_20080227.jpg

I bet Safelite Autoglass is loving it as well. Hopefully the glass is flat enough to be cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom