2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1643169401284.png

Solid axle and rear diff lock.

been looking at mid-model 200’s (‘11-‘’16). I may be blinded by the light of this, but it sure looks like a domestic made 300 for a fraction of the price.

Damn thing has a solid rear axle! All be... That actually makes it an intriguing option.

Look closely at the rear wheel interior. That explains the fold flat being high up.

Damn thing has a solid rear axle! All be... That actually makes it an intriguing option.

Look closely at the rear wheel interior. That explains the fold flat being high up.
Yeah… confirmed from multiple sources now, rear axle is solid. No more irs.

All things considered (styling, size, capability, power, mpg, most importantly price) this looks like it’s better than a land cruiser. Makes even more sense why they dropped it now.

Looks like Toyota had even the experts among us fooled with the irs. That said, I’m wondering what Toyota is thinking if this is basically the same size as a 300 series. The major reason I brought a 2nd gen new was the ridiculous amount of space it had. A third row that could seat adults. Much larger than the 200 series. Looking at the interior shots from the press site, this thing looks a bit smaller.

Can’t wait for the parts diagrams to come out so we can figure out just how “300” this thing is.

Last edited:
Looks like Toyota had even the experts among us fooled with the irs. That said, I’m wondering what Toyota is thinking if this is basically the same size as a 300 series. The major reason I brought a 2nd gen brand new was the ridiculous amount of space it had. A third row that could seat adults. Much larger than the 200 series. Looking at the interior shots from the press site, this thing looks a bit smaller.

Can’t wait for the parts diagrams to come out so we can figure out just how “300” this thing is.

Definitely looks smaller. Redline Reviews on Youtube had a decent 1st look of the whole vehicle.

I wonder what this will be priced at. The 2023 Tundra is at 39k for 4WD, and the TRD PRO MSRP is $55k.

Wow, I'm honestly REALLY pleasantly surprised by what I'm seeing with the new Sequoia. So much so that I put this video together. Let me know what y'all think!

Definitely looks smaller. Redline Reviews on Youtube had a decent 1st look of the whole vehicle.

I wonder what this will be priced at. The 2023 Tundra is at 39k for 4WD, and the TRD PRO MSRP is $55k.

The current gen Sequoia TRD Pro starts at $65k.
This new one is definitely going to cost more with a standard hybrid system.
Add in the insane new car prices, this won't be cheap.

I am impressed with the trd. Not perfect but better than expected honestly. Wonder if that trd’s low, flat roof rack is adaptable to LC200. I like the simplicity and roof coverage amount. Very clean.

Last edited:
9000 lbs towing and the solid rear axle (assuming it rides well) is pretty awesome. Think I’ll be ordering a TRD Pro…

This is a Land Cruiser 300 (in a sense) for America. No doubt. And It will sell very well.

1643202881772.png

1643202890501.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
I love the 3rd Gen Sequoia. Let’s hope the turbo/wastegate problem resolved. Also hope Toyota will release more spec regards fuel tank capacity. No 26 gal (2nd Gen) or the current 22 gal fuel tank offering on Tundra. The 33 gal fuel tank make sense.

I love the 3rd Gen Sequoia. Let’s hope the turbo/wastegate problem resolved. Also hope Toyota will release more spec regards fuel tank capacity. No 26 gal (2nd Gen) or the current 22 gal fuel tank offering on Tundra. The 33 gal fuel tank make sense.

Sequoia won't be 33 gal, that I know for sure.

That is my biggest fear the 300 series is a 16 or 17 gallon tank so far.

I hope a larger tank for this one.

Well I must say I like the photos I have seen so far and few videos that I have watched. Initial thoughts can I ditch the 3rd row?, Would look much better about 2 to 3 inches taller wearing 35s on 18 inch rims. Wondering what mileage is going to be because of hybrid. Love that I was wrong about IRS and that is has solid rear axle. Big question would I sell my 2016 LC for one of these? Maybe in few years then again I really love my LC so probably not. I think Toyota got a lot right with this.

Color me impressed. It looks pretty nice too, which is borderline shocking. Solid rear axle, interesting sounding color options [including Lunar Rock being kept across the board it seems], TRD Off Road option on other lesser models too. I think Toyota is going to kill it with this thing. I'm not crying about having a 21 TRD Pro but looks like they did a very good job with this replacement model to tick a lot of boxes for a lot of different customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom