2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sequoia = new “Land Cruiser” for US market…. Toyota let this cat out of the hat over 2 years ago when they discontinued the LC.

They can create the LC in “form” in the US now because of the shared architecture: everything is modular now.

That said, it’s going to be IRS. And that is a deal killer.

IRS.... I'll make it work!

More spy shots...
IMG_4625.JPG
IMG_4626.JPG
IMG_4627.JPG

Sequoia = new “Land Cruiser” for US market…. Toyota let this cat out of the hat over 2 years ago when they discontinued the LC.

They can create the LC in “form” in the US now because of the shared architecture: everything is modular now.

That said, it’s going to be IRS. And that is a deal killer.
IRS doesn't have to ba a deal killer. We know that Toyota can make an IFS/IRS vehicle that exceeds the LC's off-road capabilities (Mega Cruiser was fully independent suspension). But that being said, the sequoia is not an off-roader. The new sequoia will pretty much be a wholly Americanized LC (A watered/dumbed down LC). A true competitor to the Tahoe, Yukon, expedition etc.

Regardless, the new Sequoia will be a grand slam in the US. A true large SUV with a meaningful 3rd row. I don’t think many buyers will be true off reading a Sequoia. Can’t wait until full reveal.

Probably $30k cheaper than LX 600?

Toyota's new TNGA-F body-on-frame platform underpins the Tundra, Sequoia and the global Land Cruiser (US gets LX600). The Tundra and LC get solid Axles with coil springs (new for tundra) but frame supports IRS option (Sequoia). All three get V6 turbo and 10speed auto.

Do we know for a fact that it’s going to be irs? Seems like that would run counter to aligning the 300, tundra, and sequoia.

Do we know for a fact that it’s going to be irs? Seems like that would run counter to aligning the 300, tundra, and sequoia.
The current Sequoia is IRS. I doubt they would go back to a solid axle.

EDIT 1/26/22:

They fooled me and issued it with a solid rear axle. Too bad they only did one end........:rimshot:

Last edited:
I have to wonder if people will be doing lift kit + rear solid axle swaps on the new sequoia using LC300 rear axle parts Or even 2022 Tundra rear axle parts? I am sure Toyota wouldn’t like that but they did go modular.

I have to wonder if people will be doing lift kit + rear solid axle swaps on the new sequoia using LC300 rear axle parts Or even 2022 Tundra rear axle parts? I am sure Toyota wouldn’t like that but they did go modular.
Once they get their money I doubt they'd care. Modifications would negate warranty coverage which would be even better.

1-25-2022 8-00-37 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-01-49 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-01-44 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-01-30 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-01-15 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-01-10 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-01-04 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-00-52 AM.png
1-25-2022 8-00-57 AM.png

1643127086560.png

The approach/break-over/departure angles look laughably bad. It may share the same platform as the LC but I doubt it will be as capable off-road as the 300-series.

The rear window doesn't appear to be able to roll down as the previous two generations of Sequoia. I could be wrong, but the glass curving around breaks that deal.

FB_IMG_1643129346627.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom