2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to pics (and pricing) for the SR5 TRD Off-Road.

Available for both SR5 and Limited 4×4 models is the first-for-Sequoia TRD Off-Road package. Whereas TRD Sport is more focused on the on-road qualities, TRD Off-Road enhances off-road capability with the addition of a selectable locking rear differential, Multi-Terrain Select that helps controls wheel spin for improved traction and Downhill Assist Control to aid with steep descents. Crawl Control also comes standard, functioning as an off-road cruise control for low-speed trail navigation in 4WD Low. To keep a better eye on trail obstacles, TRD Off-Road also comes with Multi-Terrain Monitor to provide a better view of hard-to-see spots for the driver. TRD-tuned Bilstein monotube shock absorbers and TRD-tuned springs are added, and a red front axle driveshaft provides added flair. Inside, aluminum gas/brake pedals are included, and a red TRD push-button start button adds to the performance look and feel. Both SR5 and Limited are outfitted with unique 18-inch alloy wheels unique to the package.

TRD Pro with captains seats would be perfect for me as a family hauler.

Tear an LC apart and then tear any Tundra/Sequoia apart and you'll see that they invariably share zillions of parts especially big ones like engines, but the build quality of the LC is on an entirely other level. They should not be compared. Easiest example is that there will be 2 or 3 line/cable/hose restraints on LC for every one of the Tundra/Seq.

The American market doesn't hang on to products. Why should they put 20 year durability into a product that most of the market will chuck in 10 years? The US did it to itself, TM caught on, and by saying that these Tundra and Seq are the same as LC we're affirming that they were right in their choosing.

If the LC300 wasn't in its own class, why the heck did TM keep it made in a tightly quality-controlled facility? Proof will be in the pudding when we start comparing LX600 parts to Tundra.

The digital camo fender flares are a bit too Mt Dew/Flat Brim.
Agreed. Should've went with regular black, or color matched even would be nice.

I will order TRD Pro or Capstone depending on options and pricing. Probably lease it and might hang onto my 200LC. I was talking to my dealer friend last night and he was very excited about the update.

"...The Sequoia is likely to be a better family vehicle and will almost certainly be a better towing rig. Obviously, tradeoffs are a part of any vehicle’s design direction. With that in mind, more Americans are likely to appreciate the benefits of the Sequoia versus the Land Cruiser...." Autoblog post

All I read there is that Toyota and their pitchmen expect that most Americans are boring. The rest of the world gets cool stuff, and we get this and the rest of TMUSA's vanilla lineup, and they get bought. Maybe the pitchmen are right.

All I read there is that Toyota and their pitchmen expect that most Americans are boring. The rest of the world gets cool stuff, and we get this and the rest of TMUSA's vanilla lineup, and they get bought. Maybe the pitchmen are right.
Basically Toyota is supplying the U.S. with the type of products our billfolds have told them we want.

I like it. For a full size SUV off-roader this is better than the Expedition, Tahoe, Wagoneer but it's no Land Cruiser.

I remember reading somewhere that 300 frame is frame for Tundra and Sequoia. The V6 turbo will be in all 3 along with transmission. I would assume brakes would be close to same with Tundra probably having largest based on tow rating. That just leaves axles, transfer case, and suspension being somewhat unique. Platform sharing reduces cost across the board is my guess. Never could figure out why Toyota sold Hilux to rest of world and Tacoma to us but even those are getting closer in platform sharing from some stuff I remember reading.
I remember those articles several years ago. It was info from a investors conference where Toyota said that they have plans to further merge the global and NA markets to reduce the number of service parts they needed to stock or something. Basically over the next few model updates they would start merging the Sequoia, Tundra, and Land Cruiser as well as the Hilux, Tacoma, Prado, and 4Runner. Long term they'll only be two vehicles, full size and mid size platforms, sharing the same structure and parts with different body trim, lines, and badges.

Basically Toyota is supplying the U.S. with the type of products our billfolds have told them we want.

Agreed. Though, I would add that has something to do with people buying what they are aware of and are sold on. Not much other than things like the mousetrap and smartphone stay in consumer vogue without some marketeering being crammed down society's throat.

Maybe this will soften the demand for used cruisers.
Doubtful. Especially for those looking for 100 Series or older.

In any event, it isn't a Land Cruiser unless it's a Land Cruiser. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom