2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2905067
The approach/break-over/departure angles look laughably bad. It may share the same platform as the LC but I doubt it will be as capable off-road as the 300-series.
Yeah but I don’t think the Sequoia was ever meant to be a better rock crawler than the LC. It will probably fair well with some light duty off roading. I do like the look of the TrD pro model; said it before, but the Tundra front end just works better as a SUV. Not a fan of that Capstone trim.

Not really a fan of the big screen that sticks out of the dash. I don't know why that is the new norm but I've always thought it looked like a last minute decision to add the screen. Also not a fan of the rear glass curving around the back. I think it looks weird from the side. I'm excited to see the official announcement, but so far, I'm glad I got my 2nd gen when I did.

The title says it all. What are your thoughts? I think it looks very close to the LX and I think they nailed it overall! Looks like a solid rear axle too.

9333B845-A5AF-45AA-BC8D-1DBB8D3B1BA0.jpeg
9412FAAF-E5EF-423F-B048-6D32311CC7B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Curious about specifications for this compared to the LX600? Then I will think on whether this Sequoia fills the Land Cruiser void in the US. I really like the style and the front end is not as ugly (in my view) as the Tundras’.

More early images before the official release tonight:
1643157881619.png
1643157899349.png
1643157926363.png
1643158273436.png
1643157934635.png

Not a fan of the Hyundai Santa Fe-ish taillights or the rear glass trim wrapping around the D pillar. The slanted D pillar makes it look more of a crossover IMO. I would probably get it in black, or get those rear glass wings wrapped body color. Everything else is mostly a Tundra-carry over, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Exterior dimensions…please no larger than the 300

You will never be able to compare an American made Toyota to one that is made in Japan. You can start with the fit and finish on the interior and work your way out. I have had multiple Tundra's, Sequoia's, and Land Cruiser's and the differences are obvious. If you want a Land Cruiser and live in the US the base LX600 is what you want as it is equivalent to what the 300 is were it available in the US.

Holy smokes, it basically is the 300 series since it's a solid rear axle but:
-might be slightly longer wheelbase (maybe 3-4 inches top)
-made in the usa
-body and interior will be slightly cheaper quality since it's no Land cruiser/lx600. Since it's made in Japan as a flagship, but close enough imo for the sequoia.

I'm happy with it. This is the chance now to get a base model no options cloth seat Land cruiser everyone in the usa has wanted, just it says Sequoia in the back. Also the decision to manufacture these in the usa means import duty is saved, thus lowering down the price point compared to a Jvin Land cruiser. Makes up for cancelling the Land cruiser, besides relatively nobody bought them anyways so I justify Toyotas decision.

You will never be able to compare an American made Toyota to one that is made in Japan. You can start with the fit and finish on the interior and work your way out. I have had multiple Tundra's, Sequoia's, and Land Cruiser's and the differences are obvious. If you want a Land Cruiser and live in the US the base LX600 is what you want as it is equivalent to what the 300 is were it available in the US.
I agree. There’s a tangible difference. But is it so prohibitive that it cannot be engineered into something made elsewhere?

It looks ok. It looks bigger than the LC300. It also doesn’t look very nimble (big vehicle) nor does it look like an off roader.

Looks like it has a solid rear axle… tundra towing aids and rear locker available too

I’m even more in love with my 1st gen...

BDA11E83-E9FC-4292-B335-4DA650836CFB.jpeg

Reactions: GTV
Definitely looks that way… So far photos show what looks like the solid rear axle diff… not an irs diff. Plus they show the same solid rear axle lower control arms that the tundra and 300 have. And there’s the rear locker option too.

Well done toyota, for the market in America, that's not bad at all. Interested to see how the 4Runner turns out now.

Solid rear axle and available locker and Tundra tow aids too… works for me.

300 doesn’t have the tow aids, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom