2022 Land Cruiser Round Up - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jebber

Brokedown southa Dallas
SILVER Star
Threads
Lone Star Land Cruiser Round Up
Dates. March 17-20, 2022
Event is Thursday-Saturday.
Wednesday Arrival Only, No Wheeling Sunday.

Registration is Open!

Yes! THIS YEAR I am going!

I’m in too

Registered.
Time to lock down additional details [bride attending - confirmed, granddaughter - tbd, ... and so on, lol]

Registered!!
This is our first year to join in on this event!
Looking forward to meeting new Cruiser Friends and seeing our current Cruiser Friends!
Hopefully bringing the 40 but the teen boyz are bigger and wanting to join... 🤞 we can fit everyone and our stuff in... there may be a trailer in our future! lol

I hope there is an award for the most unique Cruiser, because mine is a Mercedes Sprinter Van. It's Underland AF

This is my first time going to Round Up. Bringing the HZJ75.

5-CDE2-DE6-98-B6-4-EFF-995-C-7210-E59-DA99-B.jpg

'Couple of (dumb) logistical questions:

I don't really want to bash the Pickup on the rocks. But I wouldn't mind doing some easy wheeling. Are there easy trails?

Do I need to be a member of (Dallas or Austin) Lone Star Land Cruisers to attend? I'm already a TLCA member.

It's $80 for the event, and then an additional $80 for the host (Katemcy Rocks Park), correct?

Any camping or lodging advice? I'm a city-slicker, but I could probably scrounge up some camping gear if I needed to.

Thx!

I don't really want to bash the Pickup on the rocks. But I wouldn't mind doing some easy wheeling. Are there easy trails?

Do I need to be a member of (Dallas or Austin) Lone Star Land Cruisers to attend? I'm already a TLCA member.

It's $80 for the event, and then an additional $80 for the host (Katemcy Rocks Park), correct?

Any camping or lodging advice? I'm a city-slicker, but I could probably scrounge up some camping gear if I needed to.

Thx!
Hey @Will Van
This is what I know as a newbie:
There are both easy and difficult trails, we, my family and I, will be sticking to easy trails.
I don’t believe you have to be a member, we aren’t to those clubs but TLCA members we are and to our local chapter.
Correct $80 for both, pay $80 at the gate upon entrance.
Camping gear is needed to camp… city slicker, 🤪 I am actually not sure about lodging, we are gearing up to camp with our group.

Nice rig! Looking forward to seeing it out on the trails!

Happy Trails!!

There's access roads on the property, that the trails branch off.......I've let me grandkids drive 80's on these.......
Lodging, camping onsite, several hotels and a few Bed n Breakfasts......
I can put you in touch with the persons if interested....

I will need a ride in the truck😜😜

Butch

Thx!

Very Nice 70. Kudos.

I attended RoundUp several times. It is a good event with good people.
As Butch mentioned, there is a mix of trails with varied difficulty available. I would add that the trail ratings used on the site map appear to me to be based on buggy performance standards, so scouting before making a hard commitment on a trail might be an approach that you could consider.

My bride and I have reservations at the Red Door Inn again this year (this is Mason on the town square). We find it a nice place with a lot of unique character/quality that chain hotels can't offer. If you want a tradition chain hotel stay experience, Brady has a Holiday Inn Express (& possibly more) but the drive to-from Brady is significantly more than the drive to Mason.

Here are pictures of my two Cruisers that I have driven to RoundUp over the years.
70 at RoundUp.jpg
80 at RoundUp.jpg

Quick question

I am thinking of attending this event and want to know if there is room to park my 32 foot crawler hauler in the camping area. I prefer not to get an RV spot. I just need a flat area to park. I have never been so I don’t know what the camping or event area look like at the park.

Photo for reference
0C1A9026-CFF2-445E-A796-9372536BA53E.jpeg

Quick question I am thinking of attending this event and want to know if there is room to park my 32 foot crawler hauler in the camping area. I prefer not to get an RV spot. I just need a flat area to park. I have never been so I don’t know what the camping or event area look like at the park. Photo for reference View attachment 2938267
If you arrive Wednesday, there will be room in campground……if you arrive and there’s not room, you can park it up on the hill by entrance, or in trailer parking.
RV spots long gone anyway.
Butch

Last edited:
Quick question

I am thinking of attending this event and want to know if there is room to park my 32 foot crawler hauler in the camping area. I prefer not to get an RV spot. I just need a flat area to park. I have never been so I don’t know what the camping or event area look like at the park.

Photo for reference
View attachment 2938267
Dream setup right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom