2020 Magnuson Supercharger... Well Maybe...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just an update since I haven’t been on here. It looks like Magnuson was willing to do another run. However the two companies couldn’t get the 50 orders at 7k a pop. If any of you Cruiser Moguls want to go after Magnuson and have the 200k to buy them, I’ll take one myself.
Sorry guys, been dealing with this s***ty pandemic and working every single day. I have two OEM superchargers at this time. I am going to be fabricating the parts that have been discontinued in my grandpas shop. I apologize immensely for the lack of communication. This hobby was looking to come to fruition and then we got slammed. Seriously slammed. So many dying every day. I hope to have time to work on my cruiser in January after the first week before s*** gets real. Happy New Years everyone.

Sorry guys, been dealing with this s***ty pandemic and working every single day. I have two OEM superchargers at this time. I am going to be fabricating the parts that have been discontinued in my grandpas shop. I apologize immensely for the lack of communication. This hobby was looking to come to fruition and then we got slammed. Seriously slammed. So many dying every day. I hope to have time to work on my cruiser in January after the first week before s*** gets real. Happy New Years everyone.
interested

I wash able to purchase a new inbox TRD Supercharger. Looks like these could be recreated some what easily as the main parts are sand casted and the original manufacture still has the castings. Any idea on when the patent expires?

I don't believe Magnusson sill do another run as they wanted 50 units for an order and the other companies only received 6 pre orders at $6,700.

I'd be interested in the original Magnuson unit.

I have also approached Magnuson directly, asking about a qty threshold and whether they'd do a short run. They basically said no, as with several folks earlier in this thread, even w/an order of 50. Sounds like there's been some good progress in getting them to reconsider, which is great.

@GOTLOCKED96 where were you able to purchase a new one?

I'd be interested in the original Magnuson unit.

I have also approached Magnuson directly, asking about a qty threshold and whether they'd do a short run. They basically said no, as with several folks earlier in this thread, even w/an order of 50. Sounds like there's been some good progress in getting them to reconsider, which is great.

@GOTLOCKED96 where were you able to purchase a new one?
Mine was purchased form a member that decided to sell his rig and never installed it. Unless you have a smog issue like me, no one in their right mind will spend turbo money on a supercharger. Price point and the two companies having to sell 50 units at $6,700 seems to have killed Magnuson ever producing these again.

I’m not sure the attraction to these Magnusson ones when Rick is putting together a setup for those that really are stuck on a S/C over a snail.

And Joey’s snail esp living in WA is the no-brainer.

And even the Cali guys if they want serious HP a E-rod swap from GM is legal - expensive, yeah but you can get pretty crazy setups & still pass smog stations.

Just my opinion.

GM swap is no more for us in CA kids.

There’s a good reason why Joey will forever have a backlog for his kit.

With that being said for those needing a CA smog sticker, I am heavily thinking about selling my 80 once it’s done.

My new in box TRD is worth 16k to me. If some one wants it more then me, they are welcome to it.

What a PITA that was. My back and breasts hurt for a week!

I just got caught up on this thread. I have one question:

Are we all going to glaze over the fact that this doctor called his pecs, “breasts”?

I just got caught up on this thread. I have one question:

Are we all going to glaze over the fact that this doctor called his pecs, “breasts”?

Do you know if the good Doctor is a 'He' or a 'She'. Would make a difference.

And then consider it is Kalifornia, so anything is possible. But to keep it 'tech'..........I am all for ANYONE advancing performance products for our Cruisers. All who are doing so....please keep up the good work. 👍 👍

Do you know if the good Doctor is a 'He' or a 'She'. Would make a difference.

And then consider it is Kalifornia, so anything is possible. But to keep it 'tech'..........I am all for ANYONE advancing performance products for our Cruisers. All who are doing so....please keep up the good work. 👍 👍
Reading past posts = man. If woman, then 😍.

Tech. good point. Is there an update?

They said they identified as a lady doctor in another post. And the picture they posted was an older lady.
I neither read nor saw such claims. I call BS. :flipoff2:

Where are the carb compliant kits the doctor ordered?

Anything is possible? Good luck with your supercharger assembly David.

Thanks Bro.

I stand corrected, I guess. The exchange I quoted above makes me pause.

The internet allows me to be a girl too. I can post picture but I’m only 18 and too innocent and scared.

Anyway, I’m supportive for people going out on a limb and trying to bring capabilities to our cruisers. I just don’t believe everything I read on the internet (not implying you or anyone here does). Maybe the beautiful female doctor who goes by David is doing just that. I support her.

Btw, David if you’re reading this, are you single? 😍

you can count me in for one of those 50. Live in Cali and need a carb sticker, too bad turbo.

I hounded Magnuson for a few years about making another run of superchargers for my 1997 FZJ80, when they called and said they were going to do it I was blown away by the price.

$4500-$5k was in my mind as fair, I know, I know got to pay to play. Before you bark at me it's just an observation and opinion.

Joey's turbo numbers look a lot more appealing. Additionally after reading many reviews of the turbo and its performance it sounds like it would be a lot more fun to drive especially with my 4:88.

I'm still on the fence and I suppose if I'm honest with myself deep down I'd love to find a fairly priced used TRD supercharger, I do live in Cali after all.... So there's that.

If anyone knows of a used supercharger I'm interested. As the chief mechanic, and I consider myself caretaker rather than an owner/user of my rig I don't plan to sell the 80. I planned to pass it on to my children. That supercharger would be going to a forever home.

Does anyone know the original factory part number for the supercharger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom