2020 Magnuson Supercharger... Well Maybe...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was on Instagram yesterday... Which I usually just check to see half naked girls and see what our vendors are building at their shops.

Then I see this post from North West Toys, LLC that says they are going to order 50 units in partnership with LC Egineering. (No clue who either of these companies are)

I see they are doing some updates to the design, I'm not technical in this department so that could be or or bad.

Then the banger retail for $6,695.00, I know the last run was $4,375.00 from Magnuson. Not sure if their improvements are worth a 53% increase in cost.

I called Magnuson and asked if I could buy a unit directly, and was told probably not as they will go threw a distributor, and that nothing has been produced yet.

The Magnuson rep that they had a meeting two weeks ago about bringing back the 80 series program and that they were still in talks.

So just based on the info I have you may or may not be able to plunk down 7K for a supercharger soon.

Please keep this a tech based convo. I know we are going to get 1000000 people scoffing at the price and saying a turbo is better.. and I don't disagree.
#KeepItSemiClean

1597453866942.png

1597453878848.png

1597453891569.png

1597453904784.png

Sounds like they are just using the m90 compressor. If it was a lysolm type compressor I could see 7k, but not for a m90. The m90 while a ok design for its day is left in the dust by more efficient compressors. If you can do basic fab work, you could probably use a m90 off of a 90s pontiac or buick and make it fit the 1fz for less than 2k. Maybe even less than 1k.

Sounds like they are just using the m90 compressor. If it was a lysolm type compressor I could see 7k, but not for a m90. The m90 while a ok design for its day is left in the dust by more efficient compressors. If you can do basic fab work, you could probably use a m90 off of a 90s pontiac or buick and make it fit the 1fz for less than 2k. Maybe even less than 1k.
There’s at least one truck on here that did just that.

Absolutely doable.
I picked up a good used m90 from GM Holden Statesmen (Buick v6) for about $200 with the idea of fitting it to my HDJ81 1HD-T diesel.
Fabricating brackets world be the biggest past of fitting one.
Ultimately, turbo charger is easier to install and has more advantages, with fewer disadvantages IMHO

Absolutely doable.
I picked up a good used m90 from GM Holden Statesmen (Buick v6) for about $200 with the idea of fitting it to my HDJ81 1HD-T diesel.
Fabricating brackets world be the biggest past of fitting one.
Ultimately, turbo charger is easier to install and has more advantages, with fewer disadvantages IMHO

Mmmmnnnnn, twice the fun with a super charged turbo diesel. 😁

Cheers

Yeah, pipe dream of having compounding boost
with supercharger and turbo.
I'm talking nearly 15 years ago, before aftermarket turbo where available for the Toyota diesels

I had one, it’s the BOMB!

Nothing else sounds like it not to mention boost off the line. 😎

Cheers

Makes me wonder if they actually know how the FZJ80 works or if they are just slinging parts? Because forced induction on a 1992.5 is going to be interesting. lol

Makes me wonder if they actually know how the FZJ80 works or if they are just slinging parts? Because forced induction on a 1992.5 is going to be interesting. lol
Someone asked about their 94’. Response was “we are working on a kit”. Again I’m not technical guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom