200 series picture thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

picked up an alucab roof top tent! Tested it out in 10-15F weather with a diesel heater. The built-in vent port worked great. The mattress was absolutely terrible, so we replaced it with an exped megamat duo.

View attachment 3240660

I used that same Exped in my Gen 3 AluCab - good choice!

Is this a new (Gen 4?) model? The vent is new, the roof looks different, the shoe bags are new, the ladder is new, too...

// edit - looked it up, I see that it's a new Gen 3-R model. Cool. Shame that it's not any wider than the old Gen 3, that narrow width was the biggest paint point for us.

I just got into the world of diesel heaters and have used mine about 5 nights. Curious about the heater to tent ventilation duct of similar style, rated to 260F. It gave of terrible plastic odors which can't be good. Trying to find one that is both pliable and better handles the heat.
The local hardware store sells a 3"-wide, aluminium duct which is a pretty good fit for most 5kw/8kw diesel heaters. It's $33 CAD, stretches out to 25ft in length. Rated to 250F; I used it with my old 5kw/8kw model and had no issues. I'd imagine similar ducts should be easy to source at most hardware stores in the US, too.

With my new 2kw heater I'm using ABS ducting meant for sewer pipes. Photos in this post. Have only ran it for a few hours so far (when testing the heater out); no issues.

The local hardware store sells a 3"-wide, aluminium duct which is a pretty good fit for most 5kw/8kw diesel heaters. It's $33 CAD, stretches out to 25ft in length. Rated to 250F; I used it with my old 5kw/8kw model and had no issues. I'd imagine similar ducts should be easy to source at most hardware stores in the US, too.

With my new 2kw heater I'm using ABS ducting meant for sewer pipes. Photos in this post. Have only ran it for a few hours so far (when testing the heater out); no issues.

Thanks for the link. What a great build you have going on there. I really need to get out of the 200-series subsection more!

Sent the 200 up to Jason at Ozark Overland Outfitters. Dobinsons 2”, Slee sliders, hidden come up winch, and nitto ridge grapplers

DBFBE834-ECA4-4147-9BD0-B2B2FA0E8630.jpeg

4E7551A3-9879-45CE-8709-282EC387CA71.jpeg

87893B1E-52D4-42AE-8DCB-F481D226AC10.jpeg

F6CABFE0-382C-4751-8544-CD2D73CBCE49.jpeg

9D272F64-9BB6-4EE2-BE63-C5234787D155.jpeg

I know somebody's trying to sell me something here but I can't figure out what it is.
I'm willing to remove that burden from your life and handle everything for you. Just send me your credit card information and shipping address, and I'll take care of the rest. 10% commission fee applies.

Doesnt look like you're running spacers......how was fitting those tires? Truck looks great, you should post some more pictures!
Thanks! Tires fit great with no spacers. Really did not want the tires to stick out at all. I have heard a little rub at full lock in certain situations.

picked up an alucab roof top tent! Tested it out in 10-15F weather with a diesel heater. The built-in vent port worked great. The mattress was absolutely terrible, so we replaced it with an exped megamat duo.

View attachment 3240660
what kind of intake do you have on your safari snorkel? Lighting in this photo is perfect!

what kind of intake do you have on your safari snorkel? Lighting in this photo is perfect!

Looks like a Sy-klone precleaner to me.

I love this place. Usually can't see much. Thanks wind.

*Edit* I should add this company armors them and exports them. From Ohio.

20230210_133956.jpg

Last edited:
Big red got a bath today
68CBDBBA-2383-450E-A231-5C34184FCFD3.png

0B844E08-4DC3-41C6-BF57-2F43EF1579FD.jpeg

Im gonna guess yes and so did the front bumper. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom