200 series picture thread (95 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Markuson @Gregtoy144 and @JohnJB I did some exploring near Wipeout Hill recently. I'm about 2/3 done with a full Cruise Moab trip report in my build thread if you want to see how it went including a rollover recovery on Hells Revenge.

Here is a quick video from 2 perspectives (vertical video on insta because phones!). If you listen closely to the insta video, you can tell the parking sensors work great with the Rhino bumper 😄

@JohnJB was worried @Markuson was going to get some curb rash here:

ACtC-3cJfyGQBhpf5OIkbTyoeGF8qk1ayWmgYrhETJ9ovBufw_-W3CFgeXeJhfB1rD20AdnJ7X64M3Bu4vQ9zrh4em6wL4BTHeKUUgy036jLsUS_cS4Xi9K4FH9jY8Z2flXLV5v_dSeJeFc_8hxU13OtY89MpQ=w1250-h937-no

@Markuson @Gregtoy144 and @JohnJB I did some exploring near Wipeout Hill recently. I'm about 2/3 done with a full Cruise Moab trip report in my build thread if you want to see how it went including a rollover recovery on Hells Revenge.

Here is a quick video from 2 perspectives (vertical video on insta because phones!). If you listen closely to the insta video, you can tell the parking sensors work great with the Rhino bumper 😄

@JohnJB was worried @Markuson was going to get some curb rash here:

ACtC-3cJfyGQBhpf5OIkbTyoeGF8qk1ayWmgYrhETJ9ovBufw_-W3CFgeXeJhfB1rD20AdnJ7X64M3Bu4vQ9zrh4em6wL4BTHeKUUgy036jLsUS_cS4Xi9K4FH9jY8Z2flXLV5v_dSeJeFc_8hxU13OtY89MpQ=w1250-h937-no

@Gregtoy144 in the foreground, remnants of his Ridge Grapplers in the background.
62F0544B-DEDE-4844-9902-83DC73B7465A.jpeg

Me pleading with @Markuson not to curb his wheels, but he never listens 🙃
74854D73-57FD-40A8-BE73-4D98FD8D2BE9.jpeg

Views that never get old, a short hike from wherever it is we were
DE5E371C-6812-4081-B5AD-AC1193F44484.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am seriously lame for having not sent my photos/videos yet… :bang:

Twill happen…
I am flying to tennessee today…
…wheelchair style. :cool:
View attachment 2678706

Sorry to hear that my friend! I have a cool video of your truck I will send you to keep you entertained on the plane!

Awesome. Me personally, I MUCH prefer the pre-facelift-LC200 looks wise. Love the black. How many miles?
Thanks, it just rolled 175k. I love the more subtle look of the earlier models but both look great IMO.

Reactions: MrX
Awesome. Me personally, I MUCH prefer the pre-facelift-LC200 looks wise. Love the black. How many miles?
I like the 6 speed transmission over the 8 speed too.

I like the 6 speed transmission over the 8 speed too.

You're right on the money, I didn't want that either. The '13-'15 is what we decided on and the 6speed was an important factor. On the newer ones the 8speed is solely there to add a MPG by upshifting to 8th as fast as it can, while the 6 speed in mine holds gears and the power mode really alters the shifting pattern, wringing out the power. This huge truck holds gears the way our IS350 did, sure is spunky and the tip in and throttle response are great. The 6 speed also always seems to be in the correct gear. I hear the 8 speed makes the truck feel sluggish, I wouldn't want that. I didn't like the 8speed auto in an LS460 I briefly considered years ago, either. 6 gears are all anyone needs. Five even.

I think there's merits to both. The 5.7L is such a burley and tractable motor that it can work around just about any gear. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the 8-speed as it does have pretty substantial advantages, especially when laden or fitted with big tires, or both.

- A first gear that's almost 20% lower.
- Tighter spacing for more efficiency. Can help tremendously when towing big trailers as the 6-speed effectively becomes a 4-speed to select better gears for cruising and engine braking
- Better crawl ratio: 6-speed: 34.1:1 vs. 8-speed: 41.5:1

Plus the 16+ models come with bigger brakes. Both great things to fitting bigger tires.

You're right on the money, I didn't want that either. The '13-'15 is what we decided on and the 6speed was an important factor. On the newer ones the 8speed is solely there to add a MPG by upshifting to 8th as fast as it can, while the 6 speed in mine holds gears and the power mode really alters the shifting pattern, wringing out the power. This huge truck holds gears the way our IS350 did, sure is spunky and the tip in and throttle response are great. The 6 speed also always seems to be in the correct gear. I hear the 8 speed makes the truck feel sluggish, I wouldn't want that. I didn't like the 8speed auto in an LS460 I briefly considered years ago, either. 6 gears are all anyone needs. Five even.
Have both. The 8 speed holds gears better than the 6. Also more apt to downshift when braking than the 6.

Both are great and seamless in operation.

Driving dunes is the MOST fun.
@JohnJB @TheGrrrrr @indycole
Did someone say DUNES?
:steer: -<Woooo!
Here’s 60 seconds of pure fun just this side of Capital Reef… ehere you find bizarre land forms that are granted full 4x4 permission…

8000+lbs & loaded with gear… Our 5.7’s are beastly.
(60 second video I did on my way home from Cruise Moab)
—SOUND ON—

Did someone say DUNES?
Here’s 60 seconds of pure fun just this side of Capital Reef… ehere you find bizarre land forms that are granted full 4x4 permission…

—SOUND ON—

This video makes me soooo happy.

Did someone say DUNES?

—SOUND ON—

Someone likes his gears! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom