200 series picture thread (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4670473C-1E9B-421B-8AEA-42D0B3CFE9C7.jpeg

Did a little central Oregon tour over the weekend. Drove through the mountains up snowy and muddy trails, through snowstorms and over icy mountain roads, through high deserts and then back up to snow covered pine mountains. All around epic trip with some incredible views and memories.

0DEB2B6D-3CFA-402F-B495-6BC3B87D9F4B.jpeg

A47B1239-CE77-43C0-8BC1-95D36343306B.jpeg

Did a little central Oregon tour over the weekend. Drove through the mountains up snowy and muddy trails, through snowstorms and over icy mountain roads, through high deserts and then back up to snow covered pine mountains. All around epic trip with some incredible views and memories.

View attachment 2207971

View attachment 2207972
So..not to clog up this picture thread with a bunch of words, but after being in LA for the last 5 years (70 degrees and sunny in the winter), and Ft Lauderdle before that, my family is dying on the Oregon Coast. We are considering a vitamin D IV drip 😁. But if we wanted to load up the trailer with RTT and go find dry land and sun for a few days, maybe even pine mountains, what's my closest shot?

So..not to clog up this picture thread with a bunch of words, but after being in LA for the last 5 years (70 degrees and sunny in the winter), and Ft Lauderdle before that, my family is dying on the Oregon Coast. We are considering a vitamin D IV drip 😁. But if we wanted to load up the trailer with RTT and go find dry land and sun for a few days, maybe even pine mountains, what's my closest shot?

I feel your pain, buddy. I moved up here from Austin Tx last December. These last few months have been brutal. Feels like I moved to Gotham sometimes.

But basically anything east of the Cascades will get you into some sunshine 300+ days of the year.

Deschutes NF/Sisters/Bend is my favorite area of Oregon so far. The sun is usually shining and it’s situated where the desert meets the pines.

Northern Cali.

Northern Cali.
Unfortunately Im almost to Washington so thats a LONG drive with (3) kids 6 and under. 7 hours to the border..

I feel your pain, buddy. I moved up here from Austin Tx last December. These last few months have been brutal. Feels like I moved to Gotham sometimes.

But basically anything east of the Cascades will get you into some sunshine 300+ days of the year.

Deschutes NF/Sisters/Bend is my favorite area of Oregon so far. The sun is usually shining and it’s situated where the desert meets the pines.

I thought I'd be waiting until the summer to head that way but its really not that far. Im kinda wondering what I'll find if I keep going on 26 past Mt. Hood..

Unfortunately Im almost to Washington so thats a LONG drive with (3) kids 6 and under. 7 hours to the border..

If you head out 26 you’ll be in the sunshine as soon as you get to the east side of Mt. Hood. My wife and I do that trip pretty frequently. There’s some seriously beautiful country out that way.

Check out Warm Springs and take the scenic byway up the Deschutes River - especially beautiful this time of year with the snowy mountains off in the distance.

We’re in Portland but even from Seaside/Astoria you’re only looking at about 3 hrs to get east of the mountains - as long as you can avoid Portland traffic (which is nothing compared to LA)

former Texan, moved to Seattle 5 years ago. +1 what others said, head east and weather changes pretty dramatically in Oregon and WA.

100 miles east of rain in Seattle and snow over mountain passes the this last weekend:

aI0SUbr.jpg

We also try to fly somewhere sunny for kiddo’s mid winter break. Hawai’i last year and LA this Year.

Spring is around the corner! We usually start camping in April around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom