200 Series Oil Pan Plug Torque (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just bought a Fumoto and it says on the packaging to go hand tight, then add 1/8 of a turn with a wrench. That seems pretty non-specific to me, but that's what they tell us to do.

FSM bolt torque assumes it’s a tech with a torque wrench. Fumoto likely doesn’t want to assume that, not to mention many people may not have the adapters or know-how to torque anything other than a regular bolt/nut.

Plus with the hollow construction we can’t assume the FSM spec won’t break it.

I agree what they say to do seems reasonable.

I just bought a Fumoto and it says on the packaging to go hand tight, then add 1/8 of a turn with a wrench. That seems pretty non-specific to me, but that's what they tell us to do.
I followed this to a "T" and have not had any leaks. I worried about snapping the hollow plug by over torquing, so decided to be a bit less enthusiastic.

FSM bolt torque assumes it’s a tech with a torque wrench. Fumoto likely doesn’t want to assume that, not to mention many people may not have the adapters or know-how to torque anything other than a regular bolt/nut.

Plus with the hollow construction we can’t assume the FSM spec won’t break it.

I agree what they say to do seems reasonable.
This makes sense as the ‘bad’ reviews of these are from breaking and I’d guess they torqued to OEM spec rather than following the direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom