200 favorite Rock Sliders (1 Viewer)

what are the best rock sliders for the 200?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally ready for sliders and looking for a low profile option. I would like there to be enough area to step on, but I really want to keep them as low profile as possible. Any suggestions?

Finally ready for sliders and looking for a low profile option. I would like there to be enough area to step on, but I really want to keep them as low profile as possible. Any suggestions?
I prefer the tucked in look of angled sliders, so I opted for WKOR angled at 15°. Definitely lower profile than some of the beefier and/or flat slider options I’ve seen.

38C31A8E-9AFD-4C82-B226-E10B95B2951B.jpeg
E765566E-864D-4EF1-955F-7A4454B7C3D6.jpeg
08854F9A-43F9-461B-8A7F-A3EBD9894317.jpeg
2D4CF97C-C2B3-42A6-AD24-F625AFEE951C.jpeg

Looking great! I am curious... do any of the slider options offer an advantage when using a high lift jack? Or are they all about the same with regard to safety/ ease of use/ strength/ etc?
Depends on brand. For example, i “think” that the SLEE one made for Lexus LX (but also compatible with LC) is made of folded steel…so, i doubt that it will be compatible with Hi-lift (Aka supporting weight of vehicle)…SLEE states that it is more of a strong step. The “regular” SLEE slider for LC is very strong and should be OK.

Budbuilt sliders can support Hi-Lift i am pretty sure.

My ARB Summit is probably somewhere b/w the extremes. ARB states that it can support weight…but i am not sure…and probably too chicken to try. :D

Depends on brand. For example, i “think” that the SLEE one made for Lexus LX (but also compatible with LC) is made of folded steel…so, i doubt that it will be compatible with Hi-lift (Aka supporting weight of vehicle)…SLEE states that it is more of a strong step. The “regular” SLEE slider for LC is very strong and should be OK.
The formed slider is more than strong enough to jack the vehicle up with a hi-lift, but my standard answer to people are that doing that is also a good way to stick your hi-lift through the door. There are actually very few real world cases where jacking a vehicle by the sliders is a good idea. Somehow it has become the internet standard for judging the strength of sliders.

My ARB Summit is probably somewhere b/w the extremes. ARB states that it can support weight…but i am not sure…and probably too chicken to try. :D
White knuckle also claims to be able to support as well. For
The formed slider is more than strong enough to jack the vehicle up with a hi-lift, but my standard answer to people are that doing that is also a good way to stick your hi-lift through the door. There are actually very few real world cases where jacking a vehicle by the sliders is a good idea. Somehow it has become the internet standard for judging the strength of sliders.
Thanks, @sleeoffroad. Having not done this, it was one of my “safety” concerns. The sliders with an upward cant are appealing, but figured it would be difficult to accomplish jacking from that type of appendage...

I have jacked the vehicle using the White Knuckle sliders (DOM tubing) - right in the center lifting the whole side of the Land Cruiser.

Turns out this was a non-issue. I would not hesitate to use them to jack against in any situation.

The Slee LX slider is 100% a slider. And concur with @sleeoffroad - will not flinch with the weight of the truck on a hi-lift jack. Wouldn't recommend it though, it's right on the door.

I really like the Slee sliders. Aesthetics and quality are spot on for a stock (looking) rig or an all out build. I was concerned they may lose some ergonomics over the stock LX steps, but these are on point. Can't say enough good things about them. Was happy that I was able to salvage factory looking entry lighting over the aftermarket step.

1628265273316.png

Low profile really depends on angle of view.
These are full on Bud’s - largest dimensionally - but don’t really look crazy when viewed from a normal angle:
B01E7E63-DC08-4149-B8C8-49195CA49033.jpeg

Low profile really depends on angle of view.
These are full on Bud’s - largest dimensionally - but don’t really look crazy when viewed from a normal angle:
View attachment 2751714
Agreed. The BB profile is a better step than any other option. I have the angled version, and they are great for kids getting in the back or getting access to the roof.

Looking great! I am curious... do any of the slider options offer an advantage when using a high lift jack? Or are they all about the same with regard to safety/ ease of use/ strength/ etc?
Thank you!

I don't know the answer to your questions, but you can see how the Slee sliders are attached to the frame in this thread:

M
Lotus designs makes a highly reviewed tub bumper/slider adapter for high lift jacks.

1628348116256.png

About to order sliders and doing comparisons...
What is the point of the 15° slider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom