2.5" lift need to settle on wheel and tire combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

255/85R16 Toyo open country on City Racers
2B5C39BD-8988-4136-912F-AE2A9F02012F.jpeg

Thanks! No regrets on the 32x11.50R15's and will install the same tire when the time comes.
Cool. I just came across an older post (2015) from your Architect's '77 FJ40 Build Thread with a picture of your rig with 33x12.50r15 Goodyear Wrangler tires. That's actually the size I'd prefer -- height & width -- with virtually exclusive dirt & muddy road driving. I'm almost never on the pavement. Did you have any trouble with those prior tires and rubbing or clearance concerns with your 2.5" OME lift? Sorry to keep blowing you up - just appreciate the input of a guy with same lift & tire considerations.

Cool. I just came across an older post (2015) from your Architect's '77 FJ40 Build Thread with a picture of your rig with 33x12.50r15 Goodyear Wrangler tires. That's actually the size I'd prefer -- height & width -- with virtually exclusive dirt & muddy road driving. I'm almost never on the pavement. Did you have any trouble with those prior tires and rubbing or clearance concerns with your 2.5" OME lift? Sorry to keep blowing you up - just appreciate the input of a guy with same lift & tire considerations.

I had no issues with the 33's when they were on my rig. However, two factors to think about with my use of the 33's:
1) I run a 9" wide rim
2) I didn't wheel my rig very hard as to stuff any of the tires

Now for my 32's that I run, OH, they have been stuffed for sure!!!! Last August, SAS #4 took care of that. There was this one section of a trail near 'The Great Sand Dune Park' where there were about 5 or 6 pot holes in the trail that were staggered in the wheel line. I thought for sure that I was about to hear metal bending & crumpling, but that was not the case. I will say, it was the first time I heard my rig's frame/body/connections/suspension/springs torque like that!

Suffice to say, I'm not a good resource to ask about running the 33x12.50R15's with a 2.5 OME lift & a 9" wide rim.

Now for my 32's that I run, OH, they have been stuffed for sure!!!! Last August, SAS #4 took care of that. There was this one section of a trail near 'The Great Sand Dune Park' where there were about 5 or 6 pot holes in the trail that were staggered in the wheel line. I thought for sure that I was about to hear metal bending & crumpling, but that was not the case. I will say, it was the first time I heard my rig's frame/body/connections/suspension/springs torque like that!
Medano Pass?

Medano Pass.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom