Builds 1HDT H55 INTO A FJ40--Some questions/Some answers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

same RH side
relocate the spigot closer to the edge?
how much is it going to hit by? 1" or more? if it is roughly an inch then get a smaller plastic fan, there is about 3 sizes that work with that bolt pattern and off set.
i didn't drop my rad, i shifted it over.
now, it has been a while but i might have had my engine shifted to the LH side a bit more than you do. i remember it being REALLY tight on the LH side with more room on the RH side.
you might need to rework the engine mounts and shift.

I was in the field for 2 weeks and just got out and catching back up. I am going to first look for a smaller fan since I would much prefer to keep the fan i have instead of working an electric. Then I will see if i need to move the radiator down and over. If that works I am good. If not, i will then go to the electric fan. I am not going to go through the effort to move the whole engine since that would require going back to the fabricator and I think the other options are cheaper/easier.

So I am in Afghanistan for a few more months and I am looking to source parts for my FJ40/1HDT build. Currently trying to figure out what wiring harness I should go with? currently I have nothing. Is the Painless the best solution with this engine or is there something out there better?

Thanks

Hello,

Been a while since I have been on mud but this popped up in my email. Is your 1HDT the 12V mechanical pump version? if so it's so simple there is no need to rewire with a new harness. Just take power off the existing ignition circuit. I did use an electric fan through a toggle switch so I could control it but I used the original radiator---The 1hdt never got hot with or without the fan but I am in the UK so the weather is pretty mild

I had the same issue but not quite as bad, first off the position of the fan on a 2H & 12Ht is a little more to the left (the fan actually does not sit directly in the middle of the radiator) and the shroud is designed with the offset built in. All I did was to place a right angle on the bottom radiator outlet, I am using the same radiator on the new build as its a 4 core and brass.

psRadiator13.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

Hi guys I'm from new zealand doing this conversion this page has been invaluble help thanks here's some pictures of mine and I was wondering what people did Battery mount wise as my battery tray hits the injector pump linkage ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom