1HDT Air compressor mounting options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any way you want it
That's the way you need it
Any way you want it

This is on my dads ‘19 tundra.

He just fabricated a small mount and placed the compressor on top.

Are you running air lines for lockers?

image.jpg

Are there any options for the HDJ80 / 1HDT to mount an ARB compressor?

This is the only plug and play mount I’ve found for a RHD and it only holds a small compressor. Doesn’t work if you have cruise control though.

Are you going to use it for lockers, airing up, or both?

I’m not going to use one for lockers so I’m going to fabricate a mount to put a twin compressor underneath the drivers seat (RHD)

This is the only plug and play mount I’ve found for a RHD and it only holds a small compressor. Doesn’t work if you have cruise control though.

Are you going to use it for lockers, airing up, or both?

I’m not going to use one for lockers so I’m going to fabricate a mount to put a twin compressor underneath the drivers seat (RHD)
just for airing up mines factory locked.
and I have cruise control so there's not a lot of room...

just for airing up mines factory locked.
and I have cruise control so there's not a lot of room...
Yeah same here. I have cruise control and a big airbox on the drivers side and ABS on the passenger side. The only possibilities I could see are under the drivers seat and a rear quarter panel mount

Yeah same here. I have cruise control and a big airbox on the drivers side and ABS on the passenger side. The only possibilities I could see are under the drivers seat and a rear quarter panel mount
I have this in a box; I might just have to leave it in there, lol.
This air compressor is submersible. i have 2 hooked up on my RAM and they fill 37s FAST. And i mounted those where the spare would be under the bed. I could maybe do the same since i have nothing in that area.

Following this thread as I am currently researching a compressor location in my HDJ81.

This is my engine. I just removed the coolant heater setup (upper right hand coroner) that is bolted to the fuel filter bracket. The previous owner fabbed up a really solid mount that i think i can re-use and mount a compressor there. Luckily I do not have ABS, so that space is now completely open except for the small oem vaccuum tank.

1704988761529.jpeg

Following this thread as I am currently researching a compressor location in my HDJ81.

This is my engine. I just removed the coolant heater setup (upper right hand coroner) that is bolted to the fuel filter bracket. The previous owner fabbed up a really solid mount that i think i can re-use and mount a compressor there. Luckily I do not have ABS, so that space is now completely open except for the small oem vaccuum tank.

View attachment 3530342
Yeah that's where I would install it too, if I didn't have the ABS module right there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom