1FZ S/C Add & Delete: How Hard? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
How difficult is it to add an S/C, and how difficult to remove?
(Asking for a friend.)

It's not to difficult. Gets easier each time you do it. Took 12 hrs the first time because I also changed the crank, oil, and water pump seals.

Additionally, the instructions are easily assessable online.

what kind of gas mileage can you expect from a super charged 1FZ? Also, asking for a friend.
Here is a graph showing mpg with a supercharger. Average 12-13mpg. Some of the lows you see are from towing.
I was running 33" tires with upgraded front and rear bumpers and a subtank.

1653052796649.png

It really is as easy as White Sheep says. Just be sure, as mentioned, to have the parts you’ll need to swap back on handy. Relocating the TB back to the factory position will probably be the most time consuming. . . Why you wanting to remove it anyway ?

There is a step in the instruction booklet that is not very detailed and adds more time to the job. That step has to do with freeing a portion of the main engine harness to reach the new throttle body location. From my experiences of installing these the harness needs to be extended. This entails cutting and splicing wires. Be ready for this step.

A couple of installs and a link to the trd manual:

If the 'friend' really wants to uninstall at some point, then make sure to save everything that is discarded during the install process.

cheers,
george.

what kind of gas mileage can you expect from a super charged 1FZ? Also, asking for a friend.
35 inch tires, 4.88 gears, ~6,600 pounds gross weight.

I get ~9 mpg in combined city/hiway, ~12 mpg hiway and 6-7 mpg off road.

Really bad... oh, on premium fuel. :crybaby:

[Deleted]

35 inch tires, 4.88 gears, ~6,600 pounds gross weight.

I get ~9 mpg in combined city/hiway, ~12 mpg hiway and 6-7 mpg off road.

Really bad... oh, on premium fuel. :crybaby:
Dan - Are you running an intercooler with your setup? Curious about any mpg changes?

@White Sheep - What have you been seeing with the intercooler?

Why you wanting to remove it anyway ?
If the "friend" is is Cal like me, I would end up taking it off to get smoged every two years. That is if I couldn't make it look stock and get a BAR label. This is something I've considered.

TRD supercharger is 50 state legal per Executive Order #D-425-7. Smog cert. has never been a problem.
Finding one is the problem. Meanwhile, Magnuson... And the Aussies crank out some interesting stuff...

If the "friend" is is Cal like me, I would end up taking it off to get smoged every two years. That is if I couldn't make it look stock and get a BAR label. This is something I've considered.
I once heard about a Ford guy who swapped his engine out (and back in) every other year. Madness.

TRD supercharger is 50 state legal per Executive Order #D-425-7. Smog cert. has never been a problem.
Cool.
Now where do we buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom