Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So how do you like this thing compared to the 80, not so much wheeling or capabilities but just driving dynamics.

Always enjoy reading/watching your builds.

So how do you like this thing compared to the 80, not so much wheeling or capabilities but just driving dynamics.

Always enjoy reading/watching your builds.
@Jroc561 this truck drives very well. I would probably place a lot of credit on the fact that @SNLC essentially rebuilt the entire front end, including steering parts. There is obviously a difference between the coil spring 80 series and the leaf spring 77 series - but I really like driving the 77 and the manual transmission.

It wasn’t so good at first John, not bad but did have a fair amount of play in the tie rod ends but most was from old worn out leaf spring bushings.

The before and after test drives satisfied me. :)

Cheers

Wow so much jammed into a short time well done. What's the plan for the engine swap?
There are plastic end caps that should come with the rhino racks.

Wow so much jammed into a short time well done. What's the plan for the engine swap?
There are plastic end caps that should come with the rhino racks.
Eh...not real sure on the engine swap. I acquired numerous toys this year and several of them are ongoing projects, including this one. I will say that I am pretty happy with the 1PZ now that I am closer to sea level. It runs great and doesn’t leak any oil. Plus, it doesn’t really burn any oil either.

So....here is the general idea of v2.0.

Engine swap: going to go with 1HDT or HDFT depending on what we can find in nice condition.
Transmission: I was leaning with the H55 (since I have a spare) but will probably just do the H151.
Transfer case: needs some lower gears.....badly.....
Body and paint work, interior removal and sound deadening
Front Harrop e-locker to match the rear one.
Kaymar rear bumper
LRA main tank replacement.
skid plates and sliders
Moonlight snorkel and custom airbox
Intercooler of some sort
new exhaust
OME BP-51 shocks
maybe coil spring conversion........
oh and some speakers courtesy of @c2dfj45.

@SNLC should have a little more time to work than the last time he had the truck. Truck should ship out pretty soon.

And I hope to god I can figure out those blasted Planted brackets.

And I hope to god I can figure out those blasted Planted brackets.

We modified my 70 series Planted bracket in about 30 minutes for my 79/Scheelman setup...rear mounts had to be moved.

If you want to grab a bracket and send one to me, we can fit it to my 73 and make changes...can even fit the Scheelmann to it since it's out of the 79 for now. Might ask you for a few measurements from your truck to confirm the 73 is the same but I have a feeling it is.

I think that Planted bracket they sell is for a Troopy and maybe a 75 pickup? Seems like we tested it in a Troopy and it fit once we drilled out the hidden threads.

We modified my 70 series Planted bracket in about 30 minutes for my 79/Scheelman setup...rear mounts had to be moved.

If you want to grab a bracket and send one to me, we can fit it to my 73 and make changes...can even fit the Scheelmann to it since it's out of the 79 for now. Might ask you for a few measurements from your truck to confirm the 73 is the same but I have a feeling it is.

I think that Planted bracket they sell is for a Troopy and maybe a 75 pickup? Seems like we tested it in a Troopy and it fit once we drilled out the hidden threads.
I'll keep your offer in mind. We modified one set already and they work fine. Everything could always be better though. And yes the brackets Planted sells for the "70 Series" will work with a Troopy - not sure about the pickup - once you drill the captive nuts.

I'll keep your offer in mind. We modified one set already and they work fine. Everything could always be better though. And yes the brackets Planted sells for the "70 Series" will work with a Troopy - not sure about the pickup - once you drill the captive nuts.

I wasn't sure if the truck was getting the seats put in here in FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom