Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I lied, one more!

This shows great tire stuff on the front.

E2BB18D9-3398-44BC-8EF7-5A015B166C2E.jpeg

Check out the shackle! ;)

Cheers

I made it Logan, Utah about 30 minutes ago. Went about 325 miles today. Truck performed very well with no issues. The first 100 miles or so out of Boise I took all dirt roads and back roads. Once things started to flatten out I moved back to the interstate for the rest of the trip. Made great pace considering I started out pretty late today (had some last minute tuning). I’m going to get some rest and head to Grand Junction tomorrow.

4F82C900-D49D-446F-B799-AE2CF5C12476.jpeg

Day 2 in the books. This was my route.

2E1D00A3-E93D-4FBC-9846-EDC1DD111BC7.jpeg

I covered about 400 miles from start to finish. I did this VERY slowly. My route kept me around 4500-9000 feet. The 1PZ hated it the entire time. It ran just fine but just had no grunt. We took many passes in second gear.

The trip was great though. No hiccups at all.

3BE8D20A-9061-4380-9432-2F9CF50EDFDC.jpeg

4FEB6E95-F8F0-44C5-9BF9-58B6803315A1.jpeg

5C1C38A1-FCB2-4A64-A02A-25F138541E9D.jpeg

Day 3 is going to begin shortly. Im trying to keep on eastern time during my travels so I’m going to head out once the sun is up. My plan is to take I-70 east past Copper Mountain and then drop down on Highway 9 through Breckenridge, ultimately picking up Highway 24 and heading east into Colorado Springs.

Hey after today it should be all down hill. There is a couple passes south of Colorado Springs but they are nothing like what you are tackling today.

4-low 5th! ;)

Cheers

Day 3

Covered about 300 miles today in 7 hours or so. Rolled into Colorado Springs around 4:30 mountain time. No issues with the truck on the journey - other than the elevation. Honestly, today was a much easier trip than yesterday. Yesterday, I took all back roads and the mountain passes were pretty difficult. Today, I took the interstate for half of the way and then took Highways 9 and 24 down through Breckenridge. Things were slow between Vail and Alma due to the elevation. The 1PZ just did not want to go. I stumbled over Hoosier Pass at 11,500 feet and slowly made the descent into Colorado Springs. I’m still at 6500 feet or so but the truck is doing great. It’s all downhill from here.

The next two days are going to be all about covering some distance. My girlfriend is flying up to intercept me somewhere along the route on Wednesday. I’m hoping to get somewhere around Kansas City to stay tomorrow.

Checking in from somewhere in Kansas. I’ve covered 500 miles today and plan to do at least another 250 miles. The truck is running excellent and is getting around 22-23 mpg. That qualifies as the most fuel efficient vehicle I own. More to come later tonight.

Day 4 concludes. Covered about 750 miles total - the last 125 or so at night on the interstate (super fun). The truck ran great as usual.

I am picking Anna up at the Dickson airport just west of Nashville tomorrow afternoon. That’s about 425 miles from here so tomorrow will be a shorter day for me. We will stay in Franklin tomorrow night and have a nice easy drive over to Oak Ridge on Thursday.

Day 4 concludes. Covered about 750 miles total - the last 125 or so at night on the interstate (super fun). The truck ran great as usual.

I am picking Anna up at the Dickson airport just west of Nashville tomorrow afternoon. That’s about 425 miles from here so tomorrow will be a shorter day for me. We will stay in Franklin tomorrow night and have a nice easy drive over to Oak Ridge on Thursday.

Awesome!

Cheers

Checking in from somewhere in Kansas. I’ve covered 500 miles today and plan to do at least another 250 miles. The truck is running excellent and is getting around 22-23 mpg. That qualifies as the most fuel efficient vehicle I own. More to come later tonight.

Nice, thats good mileage for sure! I'm averaging 20mpg, but I have yet to try a full tank highway trip. My odometer/speedometer are dead on with these 33's to GPS.

I get slightly better in my PZJ70 at 25mpg last time I did the calculation. I am finding that my 77 is way more thirsty though.

I think it is just that my PZJ70 is lighter and lacking one cylinder in comparison to the HZJ77.

1PZ definitely gets better mpg than a 1HZ. I have ran a 1Hz 5,000 miles, low mileage engine. It averaged 15-18mpg. The 1PZ in the gold truck has always averaged 22-26mpg.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom