Builds 1989 GCC Spec FJ62 G Trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After the squishy 10.5 on a 5.5 I really like keeping the width to spec. Being able to run a good pressure and not bulging. @wngrog

I really like the way the 255 drives on road.

This combination was “inspired” by your truck.

C4D6EA8D-D346-4991-B173-A1BBF55F23FA.jpeg

Seems like something that well done would get sold very quickly. Are you asking a high price ?

I’ve seen similarly built 60s go for more on Mud classified in the US. Don’t think the market here in KSA is mature enough yet for buyers accepting other people’s builds, especially if modified and not built as if it came out of the showroom. And even then you would be hard pressed to find a buyer willing to meet your asking.

Another knock is diesels are not sought after; we still like our high revving petrols!

I’ve seen similarly built 60s go for more on Mud classified in the US. Don’t think the market here in KSA is mature enough yet for buyers accepting other people’s builds, especially if modified and not built as if it came out of the showroom. And even then you would be hard pressed to find a buyer willing to meet your asking.

Another knock is diesels are not sought after; we still like our high revving petrols!
Any thoughts on exporting it? Not many well documented builds like yours from overseas or the south/central America’s.
It would do very well here

Any thoughts on exporting it? Not many well documented builds like yours from overseas or the south/central America’s.
It would do very well here
It has crossed my mind. Just too many moving parts to get it across and then there’s the unknown.

Last edited:

Agreed! Sad to see it up for sale. But I'm excited to see what you build next! The process is a lot of fun.

60s are difficult to sell in Saudi. We've had experience first hand with this. The potential buyer has not been around one for a while. So when they drive it, they are usually shocked of how vague steering is and how slow the truck is.

The customer for your truck is waiting in Qassim. They appreciate diesels. If you want to sell it locally, I'd start looking there.

If you plan to keep it, I'd change the steering box to 80 series box. That will make a huge difference in how it steers. Also change the booster to one from 80. It will also greatly improve braking.

Good luck habibi

Get some 4* caster shims. My truck with the 255’s, 80 Series box and the 4* shims is spot on. No terror at all.

Agreed! Sad to see it up for sale. But I'm excited to see what you build next! The process is a lot of fun.

60s are difficult to sell in Saudi. We've had experience first hand with this. The potential buyer has not been around one for a while. So when they drive it, they are usually shocked of how vague steering is and how slow the truck is.

The customer for your truck is waiting in Qassim. They appreciate diesels. If you want to sell it locally, I'd start looking there.

If you plan to keep it, I'd change the steering box to 80 series box. That will make a huge difference in how it steers. Also change the booster to one from 80. It will also greatly improve braking.

Good luck habibi

Thanks for that! No new projects lately other than spending a lot of time riding motos. Got a Hilux 2.8L D4D, running a 2" lift and 285s. Use it to transport the bikes everywhere as well as being my daily.

Get some 4* caster shims. My truck with the 255’s, 80 Series box and the 4* shims is spot on. No terror at all.

@Lo2aY and @HemiAlex The caster shims I'll get on pronto. How simple is the 80 box swap? 4 bolts and we're done? Do we need to change other steering components?

Cheers

Thanks for that! No new projects lately other than spending a lot of time riding motos. Got a Hilux 2.8L D4D, running a 2" lift and 285s. Use it to transport the bikes everywhere as well as being my daily.

@Lo2aY and @HemiAlex The caster shims I'll get on pronto. How simple is the 80 box swap? 4 bolts and we're done? Do we need to change other steering components?

Cheers
Bolt in. Just transfer your old pitman and idler onto it or get a the 105 sector and pitman arm upgrade.

Yup as he said, it's really straight forward. Everything should swap over without issues.

I wouldn't go for a 105 box. Overkill for your rig. 80 is more than enough.

Hope you made some great memories in that rig.

I still have the photo of both of our trucks getting rebuilt side by side (i blew up my motor at the time). Hope the new owner does something cool with it too! :steer:

IMG_9427.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom