1988 FJ62 LED Interior Bulb Swap Chart (2020 Edition) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered these LEDs ages ago but finally got around to putting them in. They're big improvements and I'm pretty happy, but messed up ordering my first round since I was working off a 62 list and not a 60 list. I posted the list I ordered in a 60 thread. FJ60 LED Light Bulb List (Interior and Exterior) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-led-light-bulb-list-interior-and-exterior.1208525/page-3#post-14367333

2. I'm not sure what the heater lights are, but if it is a standard DE3175 bulb, then I think 302-WWHP4-V2 would be an appropriate substitution (same as the dome light I guess). It looks like the same bulb, but with surface-mount LEDs soldered to a circuit board instead of the axial LEDs. The other problem is that it would be 3100k, not 3300k... so closer to 3400k that the original order sheet calls for, but still not it. I see that @Advent used the 4500k LEDs, maybe they have an opinion on how close the color temperature of those ones, feels.

302-WWHP4-V2 was a great substitution. I used 3100k and am happy with it. I overthought this too much. 🙂

I had found those same eBay ones and purchased. Will report back once they arrive and I can install. I think any 1156 base will work as long as it is not too long. I have not taken off the lens covers to see how much clearance there is so I tried to find some close to an original bulb size.

I'll plan to give the RHP3 a try since I couldn't find a single led option. If it doesn't work well will search more for the original part. You happen to find a replacement?

Heater Light just goes behind the heat/ac controls I believe so the slider for fan and temp, etc. That whole large panel. Since only issue was bulb color I will just do something like this but with green if needed:

I did find something fun while I was testing out my Cargo Lights. My main Cabin light is dead so hoping it is just a bulb issue. The Rear Cargo light works with on/off but when you turn to door and open the back glass the blower motor and rear defrost light in dash turn on. Guessing there is a short somewhere.

I finally got around to installing of my lights and... I think there's a difference between the 62 and 60 here, my 60 calls for a 194-R-90 for the seatbelt. So I don't have any feedback on the RHP3 directly, but I'm sure the 3-LED combination would work great as long as its the right bulb for a 62.

Trying to remember off the top of my head. The switch light, I think, is the light above the rear wiper, defrost and antenna switches. The H4 button should pop out from the dash. You can get to the clips with the upper dash out. If I remember correctly the bulb is on the side.
Yup, here’s a pic of that side bulb in the H4 button. I just did this upgrade to my 62. It’s awesome to have more light in the cabin at night.

55C27D86-5244-4BD0-8998-810C54957DD0.jpeg

Huge thanks to OP. Ordered these LEDs many months ago and just did the upgrade yesterday. Huge improvement.

I also did my blinkers along with the tweaked relay to stop the hyper-flashing. Works perfectly though I ordered red bulbs vs amber for some reason. Only really noticeable on the front blinkers so will stay with it.

Couple notes/issues:
1. Sheet doesn't include the front parking lights on either side of headlights. I plan to order these 135 lumen 194 LED Bulbs in 4000k.
2. Also didn't include the rear license plate bulbs. Believe they are a 89 type bulb which is a BA15S base. Plan to order these 67 LED Bulbs once I verify.
3. The blue AC button light is REALLY hard to get to. I pulled AC controls as far out of dash as I could but eventually gave up. Tried hot gluing bulb to a screw driver but just could not get it to go in and turn to make contact from a distance. Any tips?
4. My rear defrost switch bulb isn't working. Anyone have pic of back of that switch? Not sure if part of contact plate on mine broke off.

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

i jsut replaced all the interior dash light with led using this thread as a reference and made a huge difference

What's the front blinker LED bulbs for the FJ62?
Believe front and back are amber 1156. Just be aware you'll get hyper flashing without additional tweaks. I modified a relay.

Update on the high beam indicator: if I were doing it again I would use a 2500 ohm resistor. It’s still just a little bit brighter than I’d like, but tolerable, so I’m not going to mess with it. The cheap electronics resistor I used is working great; I covered the whole thing with heat shrink tubing to make it water tight.

Where in the harness did you install that resistor? At the indicator in the instrument cluster or at the h4 connector near the one of the headlights?

Wondering because the stock setup uses the resistance of the halogen headlight filament. I am not sure how the JW Speaker LED headlights are wired but I know folks using headlight relay harness upgrades sometimes put a resistor at the h4 connector to make the high beam indicator light up.

Thanks for the charts! Just wanted to let anyone know, one of the main led green bulb for the dash ended burning after few years in my FJ62. It started flickering from time to time before it literally caught on fire. No blown fuses though. So yeah make sure to change them if they start to flicker, so you don't burn the socket. The socket is type 194 or T10 if needed.

tempImageIJgPF2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom