1988 FJ62 LED Interior Bulb Swap Chart (2020 Edition)

Check the relay for the heater. Was working on the rear heater on my FJ62 yesterday. Relay would click but still wasn't getting anything through it.
Here's the wiring diagram for it. https://www.ih8mud.com/tech/88lc-wire/88lc-wd3.gif

I figured out the problem. When I pulled the instrument cluster forward the wiring harness came apart so that is an easy fix! I also found the “switch lighting” bulb in the white plastic insert.

560DFF36-1863-44A5-A80D-9D4318444C44.jpeg

I ordered a handful more and tried them again. Second one worked this time 😂

Nice to have an easily visible A/C indicator.

Also swapped out my reverse light bulbs. That was a considerable upgrade. I want to polish up the reverse light area of my housings now to improve the light distribution from them. Cleaning the lenses helped a bit too.

@SirBeef did you install the HVAC control light facing the rear of the assembly (ie facing towards the front of the truck) with reflective tape over the white plastic? Curious to see how well you managed to solve the light dispersion issues in that thing.

Really wish I could find a way to make that appear red too, since all my gauge lighting is red. Plus it looks like the 3022 listed on the chart is already discontinued, with the only current options coming in shades of white.
@Spook50 Re: climate control lighting... I've got some red lighting gel leftover from when I did mine. I started to try scraping the green out, but found that with a red bulb and the gel, it comes through pretty red with the green still in there (I switched to red interior lighting as well). I am happy to drop an envelope in the mail if you want some to give it a try. I also took my clock apart and added a layer there as well.

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_8307.jpeg

IMG_8302.jpeg

This is amazing!!! I have a new OEM dash pad I’m getting ready to (attempt) to install and I figured new bulbs would be in order!!!

Any tips on removing stuff to get to bulbs?

thx
BK

Hey friends.

I just finished upgrading all of my old dash bulbs, as well as cargo and dome lights, with new LEDs from SuperBrightLeds. I was using a list from an old thread on here, but most bulbs on the list were no longer in production. So...I made a new list with links, prices, colors, quantities, etc. and thought I would share with everyone. Click Here for the Chart

View attachment 2255308 (Preview of what my chart looks like)

I ordered everything off this list and had no issues, but be aware of the notes I added to the chart. You may be required to do a little electrical surgery on the Rear Defroster LED and the H4 LED. It's easy though. Also, I'm not a big fan of the green lighting (as I think it looks old) so I went with Natural White or Warm White for all the green bulbs except 4WD and Turn Signals. Up to you though!💡

I hope this helps everyone. Let me know how it goes. I'll post pictures of mine soon on here and my FJ62 instagram.
What does switch lighting specifically refer to as I have an extra hp5 green?

Super Bright LEDs seems to be out of the Green Light for the HVAC Lights(Heater). Has anyone used any of the other color lights listed under the below listing? Just want to confirm fit before placing the order.

DE3175 LED Light Bulb - (4) 3mm LED Festoon Bulb - 3022 Base - 30mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom