Builds 1975 Red Money pit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got everything fitted and clamped in. Going to strip down the drivers side and see if Iam going to repair or fix.. I am leaning toward replace. I mean crap....might as well, right. lol.

5F862A48-A2D2-40CB-99A0-CE1BBEE74D1A.jpeg

Finally installed the mid section and the floor. They all fit really well. Drivers side floor had a little oil canning going on, but after welding it all in it worked out well. Few little things on top side to still fix, then I can flip it over and work on the bottom. Thinking about getting the harbor freight 100gal blaster to get floor and the rest of the top side stripped.

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

Buelller Bueller
Fry… Fry…

Couldn’t resist.

On my April of 1980 they line up fairly plumb.
My top is off right now for repairs but after a work call perhaps I can put one of the sides on to double check?

I think it's hard to know how your hardtop sides will actually align unless you do a fully assembly with the roof cap, door headers, and windshield frame.

Everything has a great deal of play and adjustability. So I'd recommend at least putting the fiberglass cap on and throwing a few bolts in to see if you still have this issue.

Your sides should end up near flush. I am a half step behind you in this process and am fitting it up and found it really helps to square and determine where to make adjustments with all the pieces loose fitting.

Well I finally flipped her over this weekend. Been busy with other honeydew projects. 😂
Got the well supports to weld capture nuts in prime then weld supports in. Strip rest of bottom and fix a few spots.
Then epoxy prime. Flip back over and start laying down thin set. Yea.. sand sand sand. 🤨

So after I lay down the thin filler I planned on spraying the 2k primer down.

or….. should I lay down another epoxy primer, then 2k primer?

Anyone have suggestions on what they have done?

IMG_7125.jpeg

IMG_7123.jpeg

IMG_7124.jpeg

IMG_7122.jpeg

Well I finally flipped her over this weekend. Been busy with other honeydew projects. 😂
Got the well supports to weld capture nuts in prime then weld supports in. Strip rest of bottom and fix a few spots.
Then epoxy prime. Flip back over and start laying down thin set. Yea.. sand sand sand. 🤨

So after I lay down the thin filler I planned on spraying the 2k primer down.

or….. should I lay down another epoxy primer, then 2k primer?

Anyone have suggestions on what they have done?

View attachment 3596849

View attachment 3596850

View attachment 3596851
whats the order you did those braces in the wheel wells? I'm asking because I replaced my wheel wells now need to put
in these brace panels that connect through the well into the roll bar.

I'm thinking I position the brace panels in and weld them from the upper side (drilling holes in the wells to tack from).
Then I set the roll bar in the correct position and drill holes through my wells and braces at the proper spot.
Then I drop a bolt through ... put on a nut and finally weld the nut to the brace.

whats the order you did those braces in the wheel wells? I'm asking because I replaced my wheel wells now need to put
in these brace panels that connect through the well into the roll bar.

I'm thinking I position the brace panels in and weld them from the upper side (drilling holes in the wells to tack from).
Then I set the roll bar in the correct position and drill holes through my wells and braces at the proper spot.
Then I drop a bolt through ... put on a nut and finally weld the nut to the brace.
I guess I am doing the opposite. I placed the rollbar in correct location and marked the holes then drilled.
So when I flipped over, I placed the braces and marked where the holes needed to go.
Drilled holes and welded capture nut.

I guess I am doing the opposite. I placed the rollbar in correct location and marked the holes then drilled.
So when I flipped over, I placed the braces and marked where the holes needed to go.
Drilled holes and welded capture nut.
More progress! Got the wheel well supports welded in with caption nuts. Started smoothing out the top side where my welds are. Also got the seam seal on the bottom side.

IMG_7212.jpeg

IMG_7316.jpeg

IMG_7313.jpeg

IMG_7314.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom