Builds 1975 Red Money pit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And so it begins! Testing the removal of raptor liner. We will see how that goes.
I know I am going to replace the rear quarters, is real steel the best replacement panels?

B4ADC73D-0FAD-4383-9A96-3C3CFBD43B90.jpeg

539C638E-1871-43CC-9E55-D1976E38C98A.jpeg

It looks to me like you used some kind of stripper to remove the raptor liner? I've got an 80 series that was raptor lined half way up by the PO that needs to come off to address rust issues. Was paint stripper the best method you found? Thanks

It looks to me like you used some kind of stripper to remove the raptor liner? I've got an 80 series that was raptor lined half way up by the PO that needs to come off to address rust issues. Was paint stripper the best method you found? Thanks
yes, citristrip was the best one. Slop it on thick and put Saran Wrap over the entire area. The next day it scrapes right up. It was surprisingly easy

cut out the mid section and the beam underneath didn’t look too bad. Cleaned, rust encapsulated, POR15. Waiting on the new part to arrive. It’s gonna be a PIA to replace. Pinched between floor and cross beam.
Using Eastwood epoxy primer on bare metal. Will do the finish/ filler work on top of that. When I first sprayed the bed I was using a 1.4 tip, I changed to 1.8 tip and it’s a big difference. Really smooth.

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5731.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5718.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg

Finally making some headway. Removing the mid floor support is a PIA. Had some rust to replace at the end section. Also removed the passenger floor section. I have no flipping clue what I am doing, but I doing it. lol. I just hope everything lines back up. Guess I’m gonna put the doors and sides back on to make sure. Ugh.

IMG_5848.jpeg

IMG_5850.jpeg

IMG_5851.jpeg

IMG_5853.jpeg

IMG_5855.jpeg

Finally making some headway. Removing the mid floor support is a PIA. Had some rust to replace at the end section. Also removed the passenger floor section. I have no flipping clue what I am doing, but I doing it. lol. I just hope everything lines back up. Guess I’m gonna put the doors and sides back on to make sure. Ugh.

View attachment 3497981

View attachment 3497982

View attachment 3497983

View attachment 3497985

View attachment 3497988
Learn by doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom