1974 Toyota Land Cruiser PickUp Diesel Looks Clean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was looking around and ran into this HJ45, you guys think its worth 25K

From the article:
This 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ45 appears to be in excellent condition, and is offered in an attractive brownish green that carries through to the engine bay and interior. Rust is nowhere to be found, and judging by the truck’s condition we’d guess it’s been restored. A 3.6l Inline-6 Diesel engine and manual transmission power the truck, and we like the longbed proportions and intact headache rack.

24 pictures and details

Few things...
1) no heater
2) no booster & single circuit master
3) no dash pad... Not north american market.
4) diesel conversion.
5) overspray on exhaust manifold... Fresh work will hide things.

25k, seems high, but may be worth it... But not in my books.

Was looking around and ran into this HJ45, you guys think its worth 25K
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LHD is a plus.....
I assume it's a "H" diesel which is slow but reliable.
As with most vintage vehicles, what it is worth simply boils down to how bad you want it.

An HJ45 would be ubercool, but I'd sure want to see it in person before I would pay anything like 25K for it.

So the 25K asking is in the ballpark if the car checks out good?

its hard to say ... I saw one on ebay a couple of months ago that went for $17k US ... it was a gasser and had about 170k miles on it if I remember correctly ... on this one, the frame and body look good from the pics, but who really knows what's been done ... a detailed inspection is recommended ... looks like there's a dealer/agent of some kind involved and its in Costa Rica ...

personally, I'd rather buy one drivable with the warts showing (with potential and fix it up), than buy something in "good shape" for big bucks and end up putting more money into to correct what someone else has done to sell it ...

So the 25K asking is in the ballpark if the car checks out good?

Perhaps ...... After a DETAILED inspection.
Nice paint can hide a multitude of issues and even a worn / tired diesel may crank and run nicely. If you decide against this particular one and are still in the market for a diesel, importing one from Australia may be your answer.
My 1978 HJ45 was imported from down under.
image.jpg

Perhaps ...... After a DETAILED inspection.
Nice paint can hide a multitude of issues and even a worn / tired diesel may crank and run nicely. If you decide against this particular one and are still in the market for a diesel, importing one from Australia may be your answer.
My 1978 HJ45 was imported from down under.View attachment 903010

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom