1974 FJ55 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum radiator? One that would work for the 4bt as I don't want to buy twice. Not sure of what dimensions for the 4bt.... I'm starting to run extremely hot. Here in Baton Rouge I'm in traffic a lot.

I remember the 55 running hot at the end of last summer. One thing I wanted to try was to run it with the hood off and see if that makes a difference. I wonder if the hood doesn't allow the heat to escape. If so, a bigger radiator might help, but there might also be other solutions as well.

You're looking at 24" to 26" across and @ 19" high. I just bought a Griffin which looks sturdy and made in the USA, Ron Davis makes top notch ones. I would talk to the actual manufacturer in order to get what you need. J Mack went through a lot of trial and error before finding the right combination for his setup. There are others, too depending on your price range, which can get very high with alum. radiators.

You're looking at 24" to 26" across and @ 19" high. I just bought a Griffin which looks sturdy and made in the USA, Ron Davis makes top notch ones. I would talk to the actual manufacturer in order to get what you need. J Mack went through a lot of trial and error before finding the right combination for his setup. There are others, too depending on your price range, which can get very high with alum. radiators.
I wonder if that maybe some of my issue. I'm getting 22"Wx19"Hx2.5". So already I'm a little small from those measurements.

I've been using Jmacks build thread as a sort of Bible for my 4bt... he's definitely done the trial and error and I can't afford that trial part. I'd be down a wife for sure

Can anyone recommend an aluminum radiator? One that would work for the 4bt as I don't want to buy twice. Not sure of what dimensions for the 4bt.... I'm starting to run extremely hot. Here in Baton Rouge I'm in traffic a lot.
Mosley Motors makes a bolt in for the 55. Can get it with electric fan or without.

That was my plan! I went ahead and ordered that radiator. Thanks!

Now I need to get a clutch master cylinder. I order thr Aisin CMT-041 from one company but apparently their "inventory" was wrong and they just refunded my money.

That was for one set up for an LS with no fans and no trans. cooler fittings.

EDIT... I just rechecked their website and I must of got quoted WITH the fan, $800 is in the ballpark with the others.

Look at how I did mine. Make some alum. blocks mounted in between that channel and draw up some brackets to screw to the blocks. Several different ways you could go.

IMG_4498.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom