1974 F.5 - head locations of heater hose nipple and two temperature senders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I'm finishing up this motor before putting it into the truck and forgot to take a pic of where the heater nipple and the two unions for the temperature senders go on the head; could somebody show me with a picture? This is a 1974 F.5.

I replaced the original three-piece heater hose adapter with a simple straight one from @ToyotaMatt, and the two senders are different (I think the resistance is stamped on the hex on each). Got two new unions to replace the old rusty ones, but reusing the senders at this point since I'm on a time crunch.

Thanks in advance.

On my 74, with a 2F from an 83 60 series.

20231119_195231.jpg
20231119_195250.jpg

My '74 head. Red wire goes to stock sender for stock gauge, rear sender for Autometer gauge.

20230406_132044.jpg

Thanks for all the replies guys, I swapped the heater hose nipple to the correct location. One follow-up question: one of my senders is stamped "4K" and the other "8M": I assume that's the max resistance value. Which one goes where/which one is towards the back of the head?

TIA.

OK here are the pics.

4-K:

bvjiqdf.jpg

8-M:

CsMEl6C.jpg

...both have "teq" stamps on them. Not even sure if they're original, given how trashed and jury-rigged everything on this truck was/is. But there are two spade terminals from the wiring harness which went to them.

In parts diagrams I only found 83420-20011 listed as "gage assembly, water temperature sender" on the head, and Googling for images seems to match the 4-K unit (doesn't have the extra-long tip of the 8-M). Could somebody have swapped the harness on the car for a different model?

OK here are the pics.

4-K:

bvjiqdf.jpg

8-M:

CsMEl6C.jpg

...both have "teq" stamps on them. Not even sure if they're original, given how trashed and jury-rigged everything on this truck was/is. But there are two spade terminals from the wiring harness which went to them.

the one with the capsule shaped bottom , your 2nd photo ,,,,

is the Emission smog oil temperature sensor , goes behind carb \

\

the one with the capsule shaped bottom , your 2nd photo ,,,,

is the Emission smog oil temperature sensor , goes behind carb \

\

Gotcha, thanks! So this thing currently has a Weber carb on it, and to my knowledge never had EGR or anything. When you say "goes behind carb" do you mean it screws into the original carb?...or where should it go exactly?

Gotcha, thanks! So this thing currently has a Weber carb on it, and to my knowledge never had EGR or anything. When you say "goes behind carb" do you mean it screws into the original carb?...or where should it go exactly?

see RED TOP sensor below

yours was RED , now its faded

2B93B594-9A2C-4F40-8534-A90FDAA79829.jpeg

if u no longer need the RED TOP THERMO SENSOR ?

then below link is your solution

1703485072645.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom