3FE head on 1974 F block (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi im currenty at a stand still with an engine build. My 1970 F155 engine has gone out and its beyond repair. I picked up a really clean 3FE out of a 1992 FJ80. was told it was rebuilt 1500 miles ago. well got it home did leak down and compression. And its horrible 50% blow by past rings in 4 cylinders. Took It apart and from the looks of it, it had a blown head gasket and sat for a long time cuz all the cylinders are pitted and deep grooves. By rebuild they meant new had gasket and sent it on its way. My original F155 engine got given to me three years ago, milage or work unknown. But it got me all over the country for three years. piston three ended cracking and broke and hit and also damaged the head. cranks got bad wear also so not really wanting to dive into a $4000 build just in engine parts for the 155. My 3FE needs to be bored if I use it and new cam and a few things. My head is in good shape, I found a guy locally that has a 1974 F engine the one with oil filter mounted to block similar to the 2F. Ive read that some people have put a 2F head on this style of F engine. And lots of people put the 3FE head and efi on the 2f so it would make since that if 2f works on F and 3fe works on 2f . Ive found a few threads talking about it but no straight answer on if you can put a 3FE head on one. I know F pistons are 90mm and 2F and 3FE ones are 100. This 1F this guy has is in good shape. could just get it and stuff it in and run it. But with all this 3FE stuff I now have, would be fun to utilize it some how without breaking the bank. My 3FE block is usable just needs lot of help just laying out options moving forward. anything helps thanks

I have no experience with the 1fe conversion but can say the 3fe with a 5 speed is a good combination in a 40.

Hi im currenty at a stand still with an engine build. My 1970 F155 engine has gone out and its beyond repair. I picked up a really clean 3FE out of a 1992 FJ80. was told it was rebuilt 1500 miles ago. well got it home did leak down and compression. And its horrible 50% blow by past rings in 4 cylinders. Took It apart and from the looks of it, it had a blown head gasket and sat for a long time cuz all the cylinders are pitted and deep grooves. By rebuild they meant new had gasket and sent it on its way. My original F155 engine got given to me three years ago, milage or work unknown. But it got me all over the country for three years. piston three ended cracking and broke and hit and also damaged the head. cranks got bad wear also so not really wanting to dive into a $4000 build just in engine parts for the 155. My 3FE needs to be bored if I use it and new cam and a few things. My head is in good shape, I found a guy locally that has a 1974 F engine the one with oil filter mounted to block similar to the 2F. Ive read that some people have put a 2F head on this style of F engine. And lots of people put the 3FE head and efi on the 2f so it would make since that if 2f works on F and 3fe works on 2f . Ive found a few threads talking about it but no straight answer on if you can put a 3FE head on one. I know F pistons are 90mm and 2F and 3FE ones are 100. This 1F this guy has is in good shape. could just get it and stuff it in and run it. But with all this 3FE stuff I now have, would be fun to utilize it some how without breaking the bank. My 3FE block is usable just needs lot of help just laying out options moving forward. anything helps thanks
check what i did on my project. Maybe youll find answers.

forum:

1969 fj40 3fe cylinder head on 2f block project​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom