1975 FJ40 Heater Hose Cap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings! I’m in the process of replacing thermostat, water pump, coolant hoses, etc. The previous owner removed the heater and from reading on this forum I’m pretty sure he just rerouted the heater hose from A to B in the picture. My question is, can I just place a cap at A and B and remove the heater hose completely?
IMG_3457.jpeg

It looks like you could do that. Put a big clamp/hemostat in the middle of the hose temporary closing it off - go for a good drive to fully heat up the cooling system and see what happens. Nothing - remove the hose; overheats or water pump makes noise then just remove the clamp.

the one at "A" shouldn't be there
the original heater hose would have gone to the driver rear of the head by #5 cylinder on top
are you not going to have a heater?
you could remove both of the nipples and just install plugs in there place

That elbow fitting in spot A is where the BVSV normally sits, the hose from B would move along the block and back to the heater valve. You should be able to cap them.

Yes. Remove elbows (interesting use of rear head heater union). Put a plug in the port on tstat lower housing.

Does your engine have a rear heater? If it doesn't you can plug the hard line off the lower rad hose OR get the non-rear heater pipe to bypass.

Thanks guys! I think I’ll go ahead and plug it up. Not planning on running a heater and it will be nice to clean it up a little. Plus that lower tee was looking pretty rough. Right now I’ve got one of those rubber caps on the port at ‘A’. Maybe I’ll try to find a plug for that thermostat instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom