For Sale 1962 FJ40 FST with 13B-T and H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A vehicle of mine that was never intended to be sold is being sold.

My 1962 FJ40 Factory Soft Top has all the "Hard Build" completed.

Mostly Factory Looking, Mostly All Business!

-40 series factory Power Steering Box fresh rebuild
-late 40 series Front Disc
-70 series Full Float Disc Rear
-Front and Rear Electric Lockers
-B series H55 with Cast Iron Bellhousing, ALL New Clutch components including Flywheel
-Freshly Rebuilt T-Case
-Late 40 Series Transmission CrossMember/Mount
-13B-T with Rebuilt Injection Pump and ALL Gaskets/Seals, Hosess and Plating
-B series Motor Mounts
-B series Shroud and NEW B series Radiator with correct inlet/outlet
-Old Emu 2 1/2" Lift, Bushings, Perches/U-Bolts and Shackles
-Custom Roll Cage
-Full 60 series PTO
-FJ45 16" Rims New from Japan (bought the last 5 in inventory)
-B series Air Cleaner
-B series Starter (needs the solenoid wire rotated)
-Tool Kit NOS from Japan
-Owners Manual misc. literature
-Wide Early Rear Step (not applicable with Tailgate but works)
-Split Windshield Non-USA (comes with ultra cool factor)
-DriveShafts
-I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, pictures should tell the rest of the story.

The vehicle came to me probably 15 years ago minus the drivetrain. It has spent its entire life in Arizona. Any rust you see in the pictures is superficial, there is NO ROT on this car!! The Rear Sill, Rocker Panels, F&R Floors are rock solid as is the Frame!!
Definitely a "One Of A Kind" that a lot of thought went into. I will miss it

'62

Wowzers! Nice!

If this was a corrugated top with the diesel and all the extras. I’d bought this 10 minutes ago. I’m still tempted.

Is this together and sorted out. All of the pets lying around in pics are just extra or prior to install?

Sean want to trade for my complete FJ45 project? Does anyone want to quickly buy my 45 project. SOR seat kit. sD40. Kevin tailgate and headache rack. Etc, etc.

Daniel, you should jump on this, what a great project, cant believe your selling it Sean, that is years of collecting and a lot of money!! That thing will scoot!!

Daniel, you should jump on this, what a great project, cant believe your selling it Sean, that is years of collecting and a lot of money!! That thing will scoot!!
I know Brian. It checks all of the blocks for me except for the fact of soft top /hip buster door compared to the corrugated top with hard doors.....

Yeah. Someone on here had a corrugated top and modded hard doors. Looked good.

Not sure what you mean?
I’ve had a ‘60, a ‘61 and a ‘64 Hard Top and none of them included my 2 FJ45’s were harder (hip busters) to get into than my ‘59 or my ‘62 FST’s?
The seat is in the exact same spot.
I preferred Soft Tops.

Not disputing the lack of difference of access between the two door openings. I’ve just always heard the older Jeep and Fj25/40’s as hip buster door openings.

That Pakistani split windshield looks awesome. I have one in storage I am going to put on my 1970. Did you run into any problems swapping yours in? What did you do for weatherstripping and wiper motors? Are you still able to use an upper dash pad with it? Thanks and glws, that’s a cool looking FJ40.

Last edited:
I was wondering what JP’s @ClemsonCruiser next project was going to be (after the 45 SWB). 😛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom