Builds 1960 FJ28L - Project Lara (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i do not know if these are close or not.... but... i did find inside door handles for 69-74? Dyna and what they call the sheet... the round thing under it

the numbers are 69171-95110 for the door handle sheet
and also 69206-95110 for the door handle

mind you this is looking at drawn diagrams... but... hoping to maybe find something closer in date range

maybe the Beno or Cdan has access to older Dyna part numbers?

Body came off today. Now the real fun begins!

527AE0B4-21C7-4F1A-AFF4-3B53ED03A4DB.jpeg

FE8A5418-D8D8-446B-86FD-608E7EBB2E10.jpeg

Awesome. What a great vehicle. Got any pics of the chassis?

Very nice!

I think that is the date code on the tranny.... 80204

1958, feb 4th

lucky you .... you have an aluminium muffler.... you can only get steel here in usa for the 40

I looked at a parts transmission and transfer I have and found no casting on it that I could date it.

I see aluminized muffler available on Amayama Trading. Still doesn't mean it really is. Have very limited luck with them to say the least.

The bolt thru the top of the shift tower is not correct. Think someone drilled thru the shift cane to do that. Can't help but think the enlarged the hole in the cane to make it work. View attachment 2212848View attachment 2212849
Frankly I’d be surprised if there’s any hardware currently on the truck that’s “correct”. Lots of examples like that bolt where the previous owners used what they had to keep the truck on the road. Thankful I have the transmission at all really! It’ll all need to be gone through, trans itself will be rebuilt as will the engine once I have the right one (still hoping to find a 1960 engine).

body goes in for sandblast Tuesday I think, chassis probably shortly following.

Looks like a standard FJ28 chassis lengthened around fuel (Gas) tank. For the E brake you only need to source brake band & lever assy.

Alright this is just for fun, and I'm not putting this to an official vote necessarily but figured everybody might enjoy some visuals. i'm visiting my sister up in Eagle, CO (who is a graphic designer) for a couple days so we pulled up one of the FJ28L images and started playing with colors. I decided I want it to be a blue or a green, I'm leaning towards a green simply because my FJ45LV is already capri blue, but that probably shouldn't sway me one way or another.

Colors in the collages are (clockwise from upper left) spring green, nebula green, cadet blue, and horizontal blue. One is obviously a solid color collage, other is two-tone with cygnus white in the insets.

Personally was surprised to like the solid colors better than two-tone for the most part. The two-tone that I liked the best was spring green. The solid color I liked the best is nebula. These were photoshopped and the colors were "grabbed" from the Toyota swatches, but keep in mind these are "cartoon" recreations so the depth/shadowing/tone does look a little different than what all of us are used to. So don't get too hung up on how "correct" the color is at this stage.

I think the interior would look great as a camel color. Gifu didn't use the same interior colors in their interiors, so I don't have to do exactly what the 25's and 40s had. Though if I wanted to match the 45LV it would have to be gray. Decisions for another day :)

View attachment 2198156

View attachment 2198157

Not a 25 guy at all but the panel design screams two tone.

Blazing speed, looking great.
Mike

Anything is blazing speed to you ....

I’m so glad I checked in on this. The post in the 45 section sounded like this one was going to be shelved for a while. Superb work so far.

Anything is blazing speed to you ....

I’m so glad I checked in on this. The post in the 45 section sounded like this one was going to be shelved for a while. Superb work so far.
Thank you, though anyone can take apart a truck lets see if we can get it back together ;) caught flu this week so it’s on hold for a bit. But it’s giving me lots of time to search for parts!

Thank you, though anyone can take apart a truck lets see if we can get it back together ;) caught flu this week so it’s on hold for a bit. But it’s giving me lots of time to search for parts!
Take care! I've been drinking alot of Corona Beer lately to build up my immunity for the Corona virus. Good to take a short break. John

Take care! I've been drinking alot of Corona Beer lately to build up my immunity for the Corona virus. Good to take a short break. John

I caught $hit for drinking Corona instead of one of those brewery beers last year on a camping trip, now this. Thought about dumping the rest down the drain but afraid it some how it might be exposed to the environment. Don't want to be the cause of a local outbreak.

Some work happening over the past week on the worst areas of the doors. Cutting out the swiss cheese, and putting in new panels. All of these will require more work to get them straight, but at least we're getting good metal in there now.

1582582324476.jpeg

1582582378714.jpeg

438A3700-AD1E-45C2-BEE3-326A37A41CAC.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom