1960 FJ28L - Project Lara

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
SILVER Star

i do not know if these are close or not.... but... i did find inside door handles for 69-74? Dyna and what they call the sheet... the round thing under it

the numbers are 69171-95110 for the door handle sheet
and also 69206-95110 for the door handle

mind you this is looking at drawn diagrams... but... hoping to maybe find something closer in date range

maybe the Beno or Cdan has access to older Dyna part numbers?

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
SILVER Star

I think that is the date code on the tranny.... 80204

1958, feb 4th

lucky you .... you have an aluminium muffler.... you can only get steel here in usa for the 40

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

I think that is the date code on the tranny.... 80204

1958, feb 4th

lucky you .... you have an aluminium muffler.... you can only get steel here in usa for the 40
I looked at a parts transmission and transfer I have and found no casting on it that I could date it.

I see aluminized muffler available on Amayama Trading. Still doesn't mean it really is. Have very limited luck with them to say the least.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
The bolt thru the top of the shift tower is not correct. Think someone drilled thru the shift cane to do that. Can't help but think the enlarged the hole in the cane to make it work. View attachment 2212848View attachment 2212849
Frankly I’d be surprised if there’s any hardware currently on the truck that’s “correct”. Lots of examples like that bolt where the previous owners used what they had to keep the truck on the road. Thankful I have the transmission at all really! It’ll all need to be gone through, trans itself will be rebuilt as will the engine once I have the right one (still hoping to find a 1960 engine).

body goes in for sandblast Tuesday I think, chassis probably shortly following.

Top Bottom