100 SERIES and LX470 PIDs & ODB2 gauges. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Call me ..... I don't see much difference compared to torque pro. To be fair, I have not dug deep.

BTW, my torque pro reads trans temp. No sure where temp is measured.

Call me ..... I don't see much difference compared to torque pro. To be fair, I have not dug deep.

BTW, my torque pro reads trans temp. No sure where temp is measured.
Yeah all and all, these software do the same thing. Just a matter of finding one that you like. ATF temps are easily viewable with most options without the need for any custom pids.

I'm also not sure where its measured from but whatever, I don't except to be using this much just good to know sometimes.

Some more info and resources for those who are chasing PIDs for certain readers/apps that don't provide that option.

I was also informed monitoring the oil pressure isn't possible via obd2 due to the sensor type.

1655226004560.png

View attachment 3034017

I have dug deep w/r oil pressure, even in the tundra world. Your assessment is correct. I suppose one could put an in-line oil pressure blue tooth sensor, but that would involve torque programming....above my pay grade.

BTW: looking for audible alarms for water temp/oil pressure/trans fluid level (pressure?). If you run across any...

I have dug deep w/r oil pressure, even in the tundra world. Your assessment is correct. I suppose one could put an in-line oil pressure blue tooth sensor, but that would involve torque programming....above my pay grade.

BTW: looking for audible alarms for water temp/oil pressure/trans fluid level (pressure?). If you run across any..
Bah, good to know.

The car scanner app does have audible and visual alarm. Download the free version , put it in demo mode , and mess around in the dashboard .

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead.

I have a '99 and I have Torque Pro and I put in the PID for trans temp, Only one that works is the 01B4 BTW.

But the equation that was used was (A*1.8)-38 and it said that is the equation for converting degrees C to F. Using this I get about the right temp BUT the correct conversion is (A*1.8)+32.

Can someone tell me what is going on with this? I am going to be towing a trailer across the country and thought I should have this engine and transmission information.

I have a '99 and I have Torque Pro and I put in the PID for trans temp, Only one that works is the 01B4 BTW.

But the equation that was used was (A*1.8)-38 and it said that is the equation for converting degrees C to F. Using this I get about the right temp BUT the correct conversion is (A*1.8)+32.

Can someone tell me what is going on with this? I am going to be towing a trailer across the country and thought I should have this engine and transmission information.
The torque app sucks . Try car scanner app and just toggle on the option for Toyota trans temp , there's like four options turn them all on and see which one works . No fancy formula required but like most apps it takes some time to dial in your gauges

I think there was a change of transmission specs between the 98-99 trucks and the 2000-2004 trucks. IIRC the 98-99 Didn't give you one of the 2 transmission temps. It was the Torque Converter Temp IIRC that it didn't give.

Anyways I have attached my Torque Pro Transmission PIDS here - Here is the formula if you just want to copy it.

Transmission torque pro pin For the first one.

21d9 for both

TRANS PAN Temp

((((E*256)+F)*(7/100)-400)/10)

2nd pid

TORQUE CONVERTER TEMP PID

((((G*256)+H)*(7/100)-400)/10)

1696509974751.png

These temp work perfectly good for my 2000 LC/LX as well as my 2007 Tundra.

I think there was a change of transmission specs between the 98-99 trucks and the 2000-2004 trucks. IIRC the 98-99 Didn't give you one of the 2 transmission temps. I was the Torque Converter Temp IIRC that it didn't give.

Anyways I have attached my Torque Pro Transmission PIDS here - Here is the formula if you just want to copy it.

Transmission torque pro pin For the first one.

21d9 for both

PAN Temp

((((E*256)+F)*(7/100)-400)/10)

2nd pid

TORQUE CONVERTER PID

((((G*256)+H)*(7/100)-400)/10)

View attachment 3447777

These temp work perfectly good for my 2000 LC/LX as well as my 2007 Tundra.
Yeah, I copied those and tried them but neither worked for me. I put one in from a 4Runner and that seams to work. Maybe I will try those formula though. Thank you for the rapid response.

Not to hijack this thread away from the trans issue but does anyone know the PID for the oil pressure for an 03.. I’m using the OBD Fusion app and it’s not an option in the Toyota purchased PIDs

From my understanding there isn't one until 05 or something like that. If you find one though shair and enjoy.

Posts #43 & #44?

I got the car scanner app and an elm bluetooth adapter. The app connects to my bluetooth but will not work with the car. Tells me no data trying to get trans temp.

For what it’s worth the OBD II Fusion app along with my Bluetooth OBD II reader shows trans temp. I had to purchase the Toyota/Lexus PID add on to get it but I think it was only $9.99 for that add on…

IMG_9606.png

IMG_9607.jpeg

Hi all

Anyone got the transmission temp to work on an 06 Australian model.

I have tried both Car Scanner and Torque without success. I have updated latest versions, used built-in codes and all possible custom PID I have found across the internet but no success.

I even contacted the developer of one app and he basically said it was either the car didn't give the info or the obd unit was faulty.

All other sensors work fine just can't get TFT. Note that I did have to input code to get the Torque app to work as per attached that I found.

Cheers

Screenshot_20231022-140100-430.png

Didn't wanna start a new thread, so adding here since this is the one that gave me the needed info to read my transmission temp using torque pro.

Using a Veepeek dongle. Torque pro and PIDs that I got from here and the Tundra forums. Never got an accurate reading on both, so using only 1 of the sensors. Left the dongle installed. Android tablet to view readings.

A couple days after getting it to work, my starter begins to misbehave. Got the 05' with the one touch start (no need to hold key).

Didn't happen all the time, but 1-2 times a day it just doesn't start 1st touch, need to crank again for it to start..

I thought fuel delivery, then starter issue, then remembered the little dongle is in there.. left it for a couple more days just to see what it does and to keep an eye on all temps for a little while. No other issues at all, just the double crank to start once in a while. Then I removed it.

3 days going without it, and it's back to normal.. :meh:

Anyone else having issues leaving the OBD connected?

Sorry for the late response, but I've been monitoring ATF temps for years on my '99. Below is the info for creating your own custom PID to monitor ATF temperature in °F:

Mode and PID: 01B4
Formula: A*(9/5)-40

I'm not much help here in regards to PID's but I can say, I bought the green OBD2 link. Plugged it in, paired it with Car Scanner App and it's all just there for me to select and customize. No fancy codes needed.

This app is slick, lots of customizing can be done

1712864912351.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom